Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Mastering ITTO'S

Mastering ITTO'S 3 days 13 hours ago #22007

• Ali MOMENZADEHPISHROO
  • Ali MOMENZADEHPISHROO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,
Can anyone teach me any practical and feasible approach towards mastering ITTO'S?How to prepare flashcards and work with them ?any advice?
It's really challenging for me.
Thanks

Mastering ITTO'S 3 days 3 hours ago #22017

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Ali,

What worked best for me was to create an excel document as I read through each chapter of PMBOK (4-13). I would make a table for each chapter with key inputs, outputs, and tools / techniques, along with any additional notes and how they related to the overall process. I would not recommend memorization, but rather to understand and be able to recognize each one. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with flash cards, but if you were to make them I would worry less about the specific process each is found in and focus more on the description / function of the ITTO. Hope that helps.

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Mastering ITTO'S 1 day 22 hours ago #22034

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • Thank you received: 46
I'm with Kyle. I didn't try to memorize them. I did have a spreadsheet mapping all of them to their related processes/groups and used it as a reference and study guide during preparations. This also helped me as I was trying to understand sample test questions as I prepared. It's important to understand how they relate to processes/groups, but not that you can rattle off a complete list of hundreds of relationships....

I would NEVER have been prepared for the test if I had taken the time to memorize. I knew a couple of guys in high school that had memorized pi to a couple of hundred decimal places. Maybe they would have thought memorizing the ITTOs would be a great idea, but I have at least a semblance of a social life ;)
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Mastering ITTO'S 1 day 20 hours ago #22040

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 9
Totally with Kyle and Tracy on that.
I also tried to prepare my own flashcards (basically drafting PowerPoint slides), to test my knowledge on Inputs and Outputs for each process. As for the T&Ts, it helped me to build associations based on what a specific TT was meant to achieve, so that I knew better which processes would have benefited from it.

At the beginning of my preparation, I thought I would have never been able to make it - I couldn't see a way to get through it, and I knew I would have never been able to memorise them all. I felt so reassured when I finally realized there was no need to. But I can tell you it took me some time to gain this confidence, and it finally came when I was already mastering most of the topics from the PMBOK Guide.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Mastering ITTO'S 21 hours 28 minutes ago #22064

• Ali MOMENZADEHPISHROO
  • Ali MOMENZADEHPISHROO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys
Gabriella ,
Is it possible for you to send me the screenshot of one of your Power point flash cards as a sample to give me an idea?
Thanks,
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaCynthia Lim Louis, PMPTracy Shagnea, PMPGabriella Dellino, PMPPatrick Floris PhD PMPJoe PangJohn Paul BugarinAmy MartinezEmily Rivera, PMPMohammad Alharbi, PMP, PMI-ACPLisa Sweeney PMPHarry ElstonMani SelvanDenver MartinEric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMPSarah FucciThiago França, PMP®Felix Kamanga, PMPChan RampersaudKyle Kilbride, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Only Eight Hours! Join the Live PMP Coaching Class on July 18/19 for just $199. Click to learn more... OR Click to watch a free session...