fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: ID during exam at home?

ID during exam at home? 3 years 9 months ago #21946

• Katja Krol
  • Katja Krol's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi, I am about to schedule my exam next week and got a bit worried about the name I provided for my exam.

Does anyone know how the identification process on PC work? Is there a human checking my ID or is it done by a scanner?

My problem is my Dr title. I provided PMP "Dr. Jane Doe" but my ID says "surname: Dr. Doe", "first name: Jane". So basically Dr. goes either with the first name (PMP application) or surname (ID).

I am afraid that if it was checked automatically by a computer, it might say that the names differ.

THANKS in advance
Katja... or Jane :)

ID during exam at home? 3 years 9 months ago #21952

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
You take a picture of your identification and it is verified by a Moderator. For your specific case you will have to contact Pearson Vue.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Katja Krol

ID during exam at home? 3 years 9 months ago #21968

• Katja Krol
  • Katja Krol's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you very much, Kyle!

An Update from my side: the name you provide has to have exactly the format "name on id, surname on id". So if the phd title is part of the surname, thrn it's "jane dr. Doe", which looks funny. PMI was very helpful both in the
Chat and via email and replied quickly and even updated my name for me. Paerson Vue was not so helpful. In fact, they rven gave me wrong infofmations. So better contact PMI directly.
Last edit: by Katja Krol.

ID during exam at home? 3 years 9 months ago #21969

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Thanks for the update, Katja. We appreciate your lessons learned!

Just as a side note, I do know that it is much more difficult dealing with Pearson Vue than PMI. However, you may want to double check with them if you haven't already that they are satisfied with how your name is displayed as they will be the ones to validate it on exam day!

Best of luck!

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login