fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Getting through PM Prepcast

Getting through PM Prepcast 3 years 9 months ago #21943

• Getting through PM Prepcast
  • Getting through PM Prepcast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Prepcast fam!

I tried to search for help/topic on this but couldn't find anything..

I bought the prepcast back in March but have been struggling to just get through this 35 hour credential. I think part of it is the perfectionist in me fearful of not being able to grasp all concept to pass the 'final exam' in the course.

Can anyone confirm if I should just zoom through these courses and take the 'final exam' rather than worry about picking up every concept right now? It seems like that's what I need to do, and then proceed to study more carefully using exam simulator and other books.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Getting through PM Prepcast 3 years 9 months ago #21948

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Dear Anon:

That choice is completely yours. The material in the PrepCast will indeed assist you in understanding the material and the PMBOK Guide. I did find, however, that about 2/3 of the way through the PrepCast that the material became predictable, which I took as an indicator that I was understanding it more and more as opposed to simply hearing the material.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Getting through PM Prepcast 3 years 9 months ago #21976

• Nik
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I think it depends on how you study and learn. For me it was really hard to read the PMBOK Guide. So the Precast was like the book on tape.

Getting through PM Prepcast 3 years 9 months ago #21987

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
I agree that it depends on you, but I can see what you mean.
I want to share my experience with the final exam of the course. I spent at least a couple of weeks after the end of the course browsing through the PMBOK Guide and revising my notes because I didn't feel prepared enough for the test, and I didn't want to fail. I couldn't even submit my application because I needed the 35h certificate. At some point, I decided I couldn't get stuck in there for so long, and I decided to trust Cornelius when he said it was not that difficult. It turned out he was right.
Good luck with your final test and the PMP exam!
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login