fbpx

Reply: pmi.org updates to their PMI-ACP application process

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : pmi.org updates to their PMI-ACP application process

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21953

James Clary

^^^ What Jen said.

Thank you for the info, Yazmine.
3 years 9 months ago #21940

Jennifer Reed

Thank you so much, Yazmine. I really appreciate your informative response. This is great news.
3 years 9 months ago #21928

Yazmine Darcy

Hello,

The PMI has implemented a certification application redesign that affects all 8 certification applications (which includes the PMI-ACP - the topic of prior posts in this thread).
The change should streamline the application process (e.g. fewer screens to fill out the application, work experience in months rather than hours, more drop-down selection vs. free text entries).
The PMI should be posting more supporting information on this soon (a recording, FAQ, and quick reference guide). In turn, when they post more information, we will update the articles on our website as appropriate

--
Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Director of Operations, OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com
3 years 9 months ago #21922

Jennifer Reed

Hi J C,
Congrats on passing the PMP! Way to go!!!
I doubt the PMI-ACP class is shortened but I'll let someone who knows definitively answer that question. You can take it and just skip the content you already know and I would think the course may count as PDUs towards your PMP.
Wish I knew more to give you a firm answer, but I'll leave it to the experts. :)
Jen
3 years 9 months ago #21920

James Clary

Hey Jen,

I'm looking forward to someone's reply to this thread. I just passed PMP yesterday and want to knock out ACP swiftly. As for the professional education, a 21 hour course is required or on-demand learning, from what's offered here to other offerings in the wild

Do you happen to if the PMI ACP app process is shortened if the candidate has passed the PMP? Are some of the work hour directly transferable or do they need to be recast in PMI ACP vernacular?

Thanks.
3 years 9 months ago #21891

Jennifer Reed

Hi,
I received an email from PMI.org stating that in mid-June they're starting a new, faster application process. It requires Professional Education. Does this mean we shouldn't apply until we finish the PrepCast course?
Thanks in advance for any insight!
Jen

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login