fbpx

Reply: Prepcast Exam Simulator and Quiz

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Prepcast Exam Simulator and Quiz

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24210

Muhammad Umair

's Avatar

Hi Eric,

I have read Rita and PMP BOK, attended quiz competitions and training from 2 expert instructors.
I purchased prepcast simulators and start doing test practice of 4 hours test but i got really frustrated... Most of the time not completed the test, 10-20 questions short to attempt, got result 55-62% on average in last 5 tests. I have fed up by reading books / materials / watching videos and thinking that i should leave exam preparation.... ... Can you suggest me what should i do?
3 years 9 months ago #21778

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Pang.

Let me explain to you what I meant by reviewing your answers. Please note that the review I mean is the one you do AFTER the exam and not during the exam. Your time is therefore limitless. As a rule of thumb, this review should take you twice the time it took you to do the test. For example, if the timed test takes you 2 hours, you should review your exam afterwards for about 4 hours.

Make a point of reviewing all your questions after your exam. Start with the ones you got wrong, then move to the ones you marked and lastly review the ones you got right. This approach takes time but it will ensure you get the most out of the simulator and give you the best chance of passing your PMP exam on the first try.

I also commend you for choosing to take your quizzes in the "timed mode". In the real PMP exam, you have only 72 seconds max to tackle each question so it is prudent for you to learn how to manage your time. For time management, I had the exact problem. Please click on the link below and go through my lessons learned that explains in detail how I overcame that challenge during my PMP exam.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-to-ace-the-pmp-exam
3 years 9 months ago #21774

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

Thank you Eric.

I have watched all the Prepcast lessons and read PMBOK guide once within 6 weeks. and recently I have started to practice questions by doing Quiz (time mode) for a week, every time doing 10 to 30 questions, the score is not so good (55% - 70%), sometimes I got not enough time to complete all questions (30 quiz questions), most of time (10 or 20 quiz questions) I just got in time to complete all, no time to review my marked questions.

On my situation, what would you recommend to improve the score? Re-watch the Prepcast lesson and PMBOK guide again before continuing doing the Quiz or I can keep going the quiz and study those incorrect questions to understand why/why not )right/wrong answers.

Thanks
3 years 9 months ago #21773

Hi Pang.

Not always, there is a limit. Last time I checked it was around 1800 questions. The best way to use the questions is to revise your results in the manner I have suggested above. If you do that for 1500 questions or so you will be ready for the real PMP exam. The quiz uses the same pool of questions as the exam simulator. I hope that helps.
3 years 9 months ago #21769

Pang Wai Chuen, PMP

Hi Eric,

does it mean no matter how many questions I have done in Quiz (I selected only unanswered question always), I will have band new question from exam simulator?
Also, is the level of question difficult in Quiz the same as exam simulator?

Regards
3 years 9 months ago #21759

Hi Pang, and thank you for your excellent question.

The exam simulator has an option that allows you to choose questions that you have not seen before. This will allow you to test your self from a pool of fresh questions and therefore gauge your readiness for the real PMP exam.

You are very right; the test score that counts is the one in which you are seeing the question for the very first time. I also recommend that you aim for at least 80% in the simulator exams. 75% is good but 80% is better. Make a point of reviewing all your questions after your exam. Start with the ones you got wrong, then move to the ones you marked and lastly review the ones you got right. This approach takes time but it will ensure you get the most out of the simulator and give you the best chance of passing your PMP exam on the first try.

I wish you all the best and I look forward to congratulating you soon.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login