fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Product verification question

Product verification question 3 years 9 months ago #21720

• Geeta Saini
  • Geeta Saini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
You are managing a software development project with a set of preplanned milestones. Your team has completed all milestones and you are now verifying that the product meets the specifications outlined in the project management plan. What process group are you currently in?

Monitoring and controlling

Closing

I chose m&c as per PMBOK but i found answer as closing. Can anyone pls advise?
Thanks!

Product verification question 3 years 9 months ago #21721

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Geeta:

This one is kind of a tricky question, but it hinges on the phrase, "completed all milestones." That means that you've already verified desiderables and they have been accepted - so you're out of M&C. The best answer is "Closing."

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geeta Saini

Product verification question 3 years 9 months ago #21722

• Geeta Saini
  • Geeta Saini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Harry! That's what I thought when I read the question again and again. However, Pmbok then confused me.
I think questions like this trick us in exam so have to be extra careful when answering and look for key words.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login