fbpx

Reply: Order for Capturing Information

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Order for Capturing Information

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21708

Devin

This a typical PMP question because it gives you an answer that seems a little too good to be true. In this scenario, we've worked out our communication plan (meetings, presentations, etc) and method and we have an issue with the communication effectiveness. This is a natural place to put a new item in the issue log. The problem is, and many PMP questions will do this, is give you an enticing answer that is a little bit of a stretch.

For me, just because "Some have suggested" does not necessarily equate to updating the lessons learned register. Even though the suggestions are valid and seem common-sense, they may not necessarily effect the change. Perhaps there are too many people in the meeting (we need to break up the sessions), maybe the room is too large, maybe there was construction nearby.

Just my 2c.
3 years 9 months ago #21697

James Clary

I concur. It's an issue! Put it in the IL and assign someone to it.
3 years 9 months ago #21692

Kyle Kilbride

Hi folks, just had a quick question on the following PrepCast question (ID 612506):

A Project Manager reviews surveys from the participants of a recent project meeting. Based on feedback provided, it is evident that attendees in the back of the meeting room had difficulty hearing the speakers and seeing the slide presentation. Some have suggested having the presenters use microphones as well as distributing hard copies of the presentation before the meeting, so all of the attendees can better follow along.

What should the project manager do next?

The answer is capture the information in the issue log, which I agree with and do not dispute. But the explanation of the question highlights that capturing this info in the Lessons Learned Register was not an answer choice. This led me to ask: if this question had both capture the information in the issue log AND capture the information in the Lessons Learned Register which one would be the next logical step?

In my mind it would be more prudent to capture the issue in the issue log before capturing the information in the lessons learned register, but was hoping for your feedback!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login