fbpx

Reply: PMP or CAPM ??

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP or CAPM ??

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21672

Dr. Jan Philip Soproni

Hey Cornelius,

thanks for this quick answer! Helps a lot!
I started to watch and study every lesson anyway and will keep on going like this.

I will check the application requirements and go for PMP since I will be some weeks more in short-time work anyway..... this seems to be the best option during this forced pause by COVID.
After practicing with the CAPM exam simulator (yes, yours -:) I will purchase the PMP exam simulator, if I am admitted for the exam.

Vielen Dank und beste Grüße aus Nord-Deutschland!
Jan
3 years 9 months ago #21666

Cornelius Fichtner

Jan,

I cannot say whether or not your experience actually qualifies you for the PMP exam. Only you can make that assessment for certain. My recommendation: Please look at page 6 of the PMP Handbook www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmphb and compare your experience to what is needed. If you can truly say that your experience is a match then you can definitely go for the PMP.

The CAPM and PMP PrepCast are indeed the same. If you decide to switch over and go for the PMP then please open this document here docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dt6PnIwh...0790kB2JmU55uJOfgaIM and study what we recommend in Column H.

Tip: The #1 training tool you need to pass the PMP exam (in addition to a training course) is an exam simulator. We recommend our own, which you can find here www.pm-exam-simulator.com/pmp
3 years 9 months ago #21662

Dr. Jan Philip Soproni

Hey,

I am performing the CAPM online course right now (PrepCast) and it seems that I could even try the PMP.
I am working as a Project Coordinator for 4 years now and did a 3 year research project before. Should be fine for the application...I hope so, agree?

I have one questions though:
Is there a difference in the PrepCast video material for PMP? Or shall I just watch also every CAPM "optional"?

Thanks for your feedback!
Jan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login