fbpx

Reply: Application question when self-employed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Application question when self-employed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21706

Harry Elston

Jennifer,

I am also self-employed and I have very tight NDAs with every client. For projects that I listed on my PMP Application, I requested from each client, in writing, if I could use their company name and my technical contact at the company. All but one said "yes" and on that one, I said, "Confidential Client - Petrochemical Industry" and gave a very vague project name and all of the other information. PMI accepted that.

Harry
3 years 10 months ago #21702

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thanks, Felix! I greatly appreciate the response and will proceed with doing that. Have a great weekend!
Jen
3 years 10 months ago #21699

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hi Jennifer,
As you explained, I think that you should list your client(s) because it is for them that you are doing the job, and ultimately they will evaluate it.
If not, at least they will receive the outcome of your work based on an appreciation before paying your bill.
I hope that this could help.
3 years 10 months ago #21626

Jennifer Reed

Hello! When filling in the application the video says if you're a consultant you should list your employer as the contact, however I'm self-employed so should I list myself as the contact? That seems like it would present a conflict of interest and potentially prompt an audit. Should I list each of my client's point of contact instead?
Thanks in advance for your input!
Jen

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login