fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Product review vs product analysis

Product review vs product analysis 3 years 9 months ago #21606

• Geeta Saini
  • Geeta Saini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Can anyone help me understand the different between these two? From what i have understood till now is product analysis happens at beginning of project in define scope process and product review happens at end in validate scope process.

Thanks!

Product review vs product analysis 3 years 9 months ago #21654

• Devin
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
PMBOK, PG. 153: Product analysis can be used to define products and services. It includes asking questions about a product or service and forming answers to describe the use, characteristics, and other relevant aspects of what is going to be delivered. I really like the charts in the PMBOK, pg. 685 & following. For example, you can see pg. 693 shows product analysis only being used for SCOPE

Product reviews PMBOK pg. 166, when validating scope we us inspection, this can include "activities such as measuring, examining, and validating to determine whether work and deliverables meet requirements and product acceptance criteria. Inspections are sometimes called reviews, product reviews, and walkthroughs. In some application areas, these different terms have unique and specific meanings."

In a lot of ways, these terms are self-explanatory.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geeta Saini

Product review vs product analysis 3 years 5 months ago #24037

• Jack Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Agree, I think these two terms are very similar and quite misleading, in common sense, they both can be defined as a product check up procedure after the product is done,
however in PMI concept, Product analysis happens in planning, and Product review will be happened after the product is produced?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login