fbpx

Reply: Open PM exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Open PM exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21571

Geeta Saini

Thank you so much Lisa for sharing your experience. I completely agree with you on this and now back to only prep cast exams. Infact, I retook first prepcast exam and scored great, so this helped build my confidence but I still reviewed and revised concepts for questions I marked and incorrectly answered.

Thanks again and I will keep you posted on my progress. Fingers crossed!
3 years 9 months ago #21557

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Geeta,

After reading some of your previous posts, it sounds like you have completed 7 of 8 of PrepCast’s Simulated Exams and you have roughly 10 days before you sit for your exam.

The PrepCast Exam Simulator made a big difference to me, too. The questions were mostly situational and each answer choice (A,B,C, and D) was described in great detail, why it was right or wrong. Also, at the bottom of each question, there’s a page reference to find the subject matter in the PMBOK. I gained a great deal of learning with PrepCast’s simulator.

Switching test sites at this stage of the game would not have helped me, in fact, it was just the opposite. I, too, ran out of PrepCast simulated exams 2 weeks before my test, and so I tried an exam from a different test company. That was a big mistake. I lost confidence in my knowledge and abilities after taking it. The questions were less clear, the explanations were vague, and I began to question whether or not I was ready for the real exam. I wish I hadn’t spent the time and energy on it at a critical point—the homestretch.

To recoup, I went back to PrepCast’s Exam Simulator and focused on longer quizzes, which got me back into the right groove and built up my confidence again.

The last week or so I reviewed my notecards, took practice quizzes, and got a good night’s sleep each night. The night before the test, pencils down at 5pm. It’s most important to get rested the evening before taking the test.

So, that was a long explanation to your short question. Your best bet at this point is to stick to PrepCast’s Exam Simulator.

I wish you the best, Geeta. We’re rooting for you!
3 years 9 months ago #21531

Geeta Saini

Has anyone tried these? How are these in terms of difficulty, closer to real exam questions? Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login