fbpx

Reply: My Exam is in 2 Weeks

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My Exam is in 2 Weeks

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21593

Omar Alnajjar

thanks a lot Srinivas & Eric

I have completed a couple of tests in Prepcast and Oliver Leimann and my scores were between 68 - 71%. My exam is next week and I started to worry. I don't want to reschedule my exam. What do you think I should do to enhance my scores within one week? and is this normal?

thanks
3 years 10 months ago #21541

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi, Omar.

1) Review the questions after you do every exam on the simulator. This should be both the ones you got wrong as well as the ones you got right. This is very important. As a rule of thumb, spend twice as much time reviewing the questions in comparison to the time you took to do the exam.

2) Time management. This also is very important as you have a very limited time to tackle each exam question. Please refer to my lessons learned on the link below.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-to-ace-the-pmp-exam

Wish you all the best in your exam.
3 years 10 months ago #21502

Srinivas Cheekati

's Avatar

1. Daily write down the process chart(49) and understand the logical sequence.
2. We should know major output(there are many but focus on primary out) of every process /for all 49 processes. This would give you a good base and confidence in the exam.
3. important tools and purpose. Revise until you remember.
4. As many people suggested, use elimination technique for choosing the best answer.
5. Remember, PM main responsibility is to protect the project constraints and he should do to the extent possible to secure these. If no choice and got into problem then maintain transparency on any decisions. This is key and this is true in real life as well to be successful, which tells PMBOK framework in broader.

Good luck.
3 years 10 months ago #21496

Omar Alnajjar

Hello,

I am an unexperienced PM (only 3 years in service) so I won't be able to rely on my experience when answering situational exam questions. My exam is on June 19 and I have only read Rita's and scored 76% on her practice exam in the book. I also took PMI's 23-hour Project Management Basics online course which went through the PMBOK 6th edition. I think I understand the topics pretty well now. I just purchased PM Prepcast simulator where I intend to do at least 5 practice exams. I really need to pass from my first attempt. What do you guys think I should do in parallel with doing the practice exams?

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login