fbpx

Reply: Cleared the test few minutes back. Benchmark your scores against mine

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared the test few minutes back. Benchmark your scores against mine

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21649

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Golfreto,
Can you please share links for below exams:
PM Prolearn free Mock Test and Grey Campus
3 years 9 months ago #21351

Golfreto Toile

Part 2

Test-taking Experience: I had a lot of difficulty to launch my test today. I had to do a lot of trial and error to determine the real cause which was preventing me from launching the test. I did over 10 mobile check-ins and everytime I checked-in I had to click 6 pictures. In a nutshell, my test started around 65 minutes late. Thankfully, the Proctor and the Check-in guy, both were polite and understanding. In my case, the problem was my laptop's firewall and anti-virus. Initially, I thought it was just the firewall preventing the test launch. But later I learnt that I had to deactivate the anti-virus too. After uninstalling the anti-virus, the test-taking was smooth. So, if you have a good anti-virus installed, try to deactivate it before taking the test.

So coming to the main question - how was the real exam compared to PrepCast Mock Tests? I would say it was pretty close. There is a common opinion that questions in the real exam are vague and ambiguous. To tell the truth, there are some vague questions but they are only a minority. Over 90% of questions in my test were clear. I would say that questions in PrepCast closely resemble the real test questions. The only difference I could notice is the length of the questions. The real test has many questions which are verbose unlike PrepCast which has plenty of small questions too. But thanks to PrepCast team for making this. After taking so many mock tests, I can say with confidence that this tool is a game changer.

What I noticed was that the vague questions followed this format mostly - A project is in Planning Phase. It is having ABC issue. After certain activity, it is now having XYZ issue too. What should the Project Manager do? And in the options we will have 1 choice giving solution to solve XYZ and 1 choice giving solution to solve ABC. If the same question was in PrepCast, it would likely be- A project is in Planning Phase. It is having ABC issue. After certain activity, it is now having XYZ issue too. What should the Project Manager do to determine root cause of XYZ?

Another interesting thing I noted was that the whiteboard doesn't allow us to use CTRL+C and CTRL+V. While doing mobile check-in I had copied the check-in number in my laptop's clipboard. It stayed in the memory while taking the test, I tried to paste that number on the white board with CTRL+V function. It did not work. If it worked, there could be a window of opportunity to use the white board creatively. You know what I mean, right?
3 years 9 months ago #21350

Golfreto Toile

Cleared the test 5-10 minutes back. Thought I will share some insights from my journey as my approach was a bit different.

I relied mostly on quizzes and tests than on different books to develop my PMP understanding. I had solved over 5000 questions (including 1400 from PrepCast) before I could take the test.

Book: Only PMBOK. Nothing else. I agree the material is dry but I preferred this book because I did not want to invest resources on things out of PMBOK syllabus. Plus, studying from PMBOK familiarized me with PMI language.
Tests: Scores of them. Except for a couple, I think all other sources which I used were free. Here is a look at what my scores looked like in select tests.

• PM Prolearn Mock Test 1: 72.5% (Free Test but Really Difficult) - Thanks Tim for this wonderful test.
    PrepCast 120 Free: 80.83% (Free and Moderate Difficulty)
    Oliver Lehman 100 Free: 78% (Free but Difficult)
    PM Prolearn Mock Test 2: 84% (Free and Easy Test)
    Simplilearn: 83% (Free and Moderate Difficulty)
    Edwel 75 Free: 89.3% (Free and Easy)
    EduHubspot Mock 1: 72% (Paid and Difficult. Must-use resource if you'd like to deep dive into PMBOK). My opinion: All resources teach Project Mgmt. but EduHubspot teaches only PMP relevant Project Mgmt.
    GreyCampus Mock 1: 78.5 (Free and Moderate Difficulty. There are rumours that GreyCampus is no longer offering free mock test. They are and they are offering 3 in number)
    EduHubspot Mock 1: 74% (Paid and Difficult. It is a must-use resource if you have like to deep dive into PMBOK and understand the material)
    Whizlab 50 Free: 76% (Free and Moderate Difficulty)
    PMI Practice Exam: 74% (Free and Difficult)

• And finally...

• PrepCast Mock Test 1: 80%
    PrepCast Mock Test 2: 83%
    PrepCast Mock Test 3: 83.5%
    PrepCast Mock Test 4: 82%
    PrepCast Mock Test 5: 83.5%
    PrepCast Mock Test 6: 78%
    PrepCast Mock Test 7: 77%

• (I will edit this post to indicate the Proficiency Levels I have obtained in the real test once I receive the email from PMI. This way it will become easy for aspirants to benchmark their scores against mine).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
    Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login