fbpx

Reply: Am I Ready for the PMP exam??

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Am I Ready for the PMP exam??

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21338

Harry Elston

Mark,

No. The 25 control questions are a closely guarded PMI secret.

Your friend is mistaken: Treat all questions as though they will count. All questions that I saw were typical of every other question that I've seen in preparation.

Harry
3 years 9 months ago #21336

Mark Fortier

Harry, could you tell which questions were out of the 25 questions that will not be marked?

Its important to remember that 1/8 questions are the ones that will not be marked. My friend had told me that he remembers seeing questions he had no clue where they came from.

I guess what I am trying to say is did you get discouraged when you say something and was like "Is this the right exam? Lol" Or did you recognize that some of these questions will not be marked.

Thanks
3 years 9 months ago #21330

Harry Elston

Mark,

I found the PrepCast Simulator to be an excellent preparation tool for the real exam. I though the questions in the test bank to be either spot-on or slightly harder in some instances than what I experienced during the PMI exam back in October.

Try to relax and just let it flow for the exam. There are exam-taking hints throughout the boards and the web, some more useful than others. The ones that I found most useful were things like "read the last sentence of the question first" and "eliminate obviously wrong answers." I found that on the PMI exam, there was at least one, and sometimes two clearly wrong choices on each question. Only a few were of the type of "pick the rightest of these four right answers."

Relax and just let it happen. Good luck!

H
3 years 9 months ago #21329

Mark Fortier

Hi All

Looking for some words of encouragement as I prepare to write my PMP exam this afternoon.

I have completed 7 of the practice exams in the simulator with my lowest score being 70.5% and my highest score 81.5%.

I have relied heavily on the practice exam questions as my main source of study material. Yes I have read Rita Mcauleys book and yes I have skimmed through the dry material of the PMBOX. I am a registered professional engineer in Canada so I have experience with project management.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the exam questions vs the pm prep exam simulators? A friend of mine told me the pm prep exam questions are actually a bit harder and also more time consuming. He, like me would finish the practice exam with like 2 minutes to spare. He said when he wrote the exam he finished in 3 hours .

Any words of encourage would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers and have a great weekend everyone!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login