fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam type of questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam type of questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21247

Devin

I used nothing but the precast test bank (and study of course) and just passed my PMP. From what I understand you can get an easier test (on average) but then the exam is scored in such a way that you have to get more correct. That being said, I found the first part of my exam to be shorter questions closer in nature to the precast test bank (perhaps a degree more wordy and more situational) with a few basic rote questions thrown in. I finished this section with a ton of time to review (which by time I had assumed I had failed, LOL). The second half I felt like I was reading huge paragraphs and was having trouble getting down to the question, definitely situational and process orientated; definitely noticeably just harder questions all around. I only finished with about 15 minutes to spare. However, the test bank will still invaluable, because I could generally eliminate a couple of answers that didn't feel right and got it down to a couple of potential answers. I don't recall doing a single calculation (maybe one or two) and only one schedule problem.

Most questions do plop you as the PM into some sort of problem and you need to pick the best (PMBOK best) way to proceed.

Hope this helps.
3 years 10 months ago #21245

Olia

's Avatar

Hallo everyone! I have been taking the PMP mock exams as well as tried exams through 2 other well know platforms and i found a difference in the type of questions; i find prepcast's questions to be more case/scenario based , longer and more tricky, compared to others; If you have taken the exam already can you please comment on the type of questions you encountered?
thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login