fbpx

Reply: I don"t have enough patience to be able to sit for 4 hours .

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I don"t have enough patience to be able to sit for 4 hours .

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21198

Devin

I had a similar problem and it wasn't just physically sitting that long (my back starts to hurt after about an hour), but also that I wasn't reading the questions as sharp after 100 questions or so. I mentally broke the test into 4 x 50 question banks (in my head) just so I didn't get overwhelmed and notched my scratch paper for every 50 I did. I took a couple of minutes after each "bank" to just take a deep breath.

Secondly, I'm the worst test-taker in the world, so really used the precast to hone my test taking skills to be as efficient as possible on each question, but regardless its a slog. As I understand it the PMP test difficulty can vary between applicants, but the scoring adjusts accordingly. With that said, I finished the first section with plenty of time. The second part of the exam had very long winded questions, so I didn't finish with a much time to review (maybe 15 minutes).

My approach:

1. Take the tests at the same time of day as your examination.
2. Approach the test with the same "game time" approach as you would for the examination.
3. Have a marking strategy so you don't get bogged down on any single questions.
4. Jot down how long it takes you to do 50 questions, 100 questions, 150.

When training for a marathon you never do an actual marathon, but you do many looonnnnggg runs to get your body used to the exertion. Similarly, you need to be able to train your brain to be just as fresh for the last 50 questions as the first 50. I imagine of lot of people fail by just a few questions, which were missed because they got mentally fatigued.
3 years 10 months ago #21128

Emily Rivera, PMP

It's definitely not easy for many people to sit and concentrate for that length of time. Practice, practice, practice! Try gradually lengthening the amount of time you sit for practice questions until you reach 4 hours. When you take practice exams, do them in a quiet room free of other distractions (no television, no cell phone, no kids, etc). I know this can be challenging, depending on what your situation is at home, but do the best you can. Allow yourself one short break if needed, to use the restroom, stand up and stretch, or have a snack or drink of water. The more you practice, the easier it will become. Good luck to you!
3 years 10 months ago #21127

Nastaran Akbarzadeh

Hi everyone,
Since I am doing exam prep on PMPREPCAST, I usually have good scores when the questions are max 50 questions , when I want to do more or sit for a 4 hour exam I don't have enough concentration and I become so impatient. May you give me some suggestions How to improve to be able to sit for 4 hours?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login