fbpx

Reply: Introductions - L. Martin Capuder

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Introductions - L. Martin Capuder

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21066

Lawrence Capuder

Thanks for your reply Cornelius, a high honor!

Based on the value of Saudi Aramco's initial public offering (IPO) - before the impact of the pandemic - it represented a capitalization of over one trillion dollars.

I meant that I planned to complete this course in a week, but I hit a pleasant road block - a large online marketplace has me interviewing for a Sr. IT PM position - ironic the title because I would be a scrum master, so I had to register for a scrum master certification before applying. I need to have it done by my Tuesday interview, so I will take a temporary pause that may well bring me to the 14 day point - frankly, I'm not sure why PM PrepCast insists on that - especially if they want me to start immediately, which appears to be the case. This position is entirely work-from-home, which is neat, except for a one week live meeting at the HQs once a quarter; gotta love it!

Well, life happens, it wasn't the prep courses' faults, though your's in WAY MORE COMPREHENSIVE and helpful. Two were live classes, one online. Once, the workload was too great (an occupation hazard of working in PM, don't you know) and I had unfortunate medical emergencies before two sittings for the exam and wan't able to sit again the one year eligibility period. Third time's a charm!

I was not born with the middle name Martin, but I found seven reasons in my heritage to legally add it to my middle name; genealogy is one of my avocations.

THNX,
LMC
3 years 10 months ago #20960

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Lawrence,

Welcome. It is - in fact - very unusual that students stop by here and introduce themselves. We've only had a couple of handful of posts like this one. It's a shame, actually, because it puts a much more human face on the students for us and the questions they ask.

Hmmm... "the world's largest company" piqued my interest, so I "stalked" you on LinkedIn and was surprised to see that particular name. I had one or two other companies in mind, but that particular company was not on my list... ;-)

As far as your plan goes to sit for the PMP exam in 7-10 days, there may one solid roadblock to that: If you have not yet submitted your application to PMI then you may have to delay that plan. The PM PrepCast final exam and certificate of completion is only available to our students 14 days after the initial purchase. And PMI will not accept your application unless you have completed the course. But... if you have 35 hours of PM training from other sources, then you are good to go with submitting the application and don't need the PrepCast certificate because any PM training counts.

Lastly... out of curiosity... what was the other course that you had to return?

PS. One of my middle names is Martin. (not kidding).
3 years 10 months ago #20956

Lawrence Capuder

Hello all,

I don't know if this the custom, but here I am, so I will go on...

My name is L. Martin Capuder and I maintain eight professional certifications, such as in public accounting, internal auditing, information systems auditing, fraud examination and anti-money laundering... but will be especially proud of the PMP.

I LOVE project management and find it the most interesting part of IT - involving one at the leading edge of where your entity is going with technology. I have used project management generally in internal auditing, Federal banking regulatory compliance examinations and consulting. But I have also worked in a mammoth PM division being the program / projects manager for its contracting function for four years; my employer, the world's largest company, had a project management office with over 100 professionals. It all has been a great learning experience! I have twice prepared for the PMP - 2011 and 2018 - but life got in the way of actually ever sitting for the exam.

I spent a full day shopping for the best online course --- actually bought another but had to refund it because he was just reading from a script, with no insights added. I am confident that I have made the right choice and will prepare for it now "boot camp" style, with plans to sit for the PMP exam in 7-10 days. I am strapping myself on, because we certainly live in interesting times.

I look forward to interacting with many of you in the process,
L. Martin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login