fbpx

Reply: Stakeholder Questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Stakeholder Questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #20970

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Dalia.

For PMP type questions, the correct answer amongst the choices is usually the "correct" and "best" option. This is because in most cases ALL the options are CORRECT and the aim is for you to pick the BEST among the pack.

Now to your question; the answer you gave is "stakeholder engagement plan" which though correct, is not the best answer among the pack. This is because the "stakeholder engagement plan" is a broad plan encompassing all actions relating to the stakeholders. Within the stakeholder engagement plan, we have stakeholder engagement assessment matrix, stakeholder register and stakeholder analysis. My choice among the 3 would be stakeholder analysis.

This is because the stakeholder engagement assessment matrix is a data representation technique and the question is asking "What should the project manager use to manage each stakeholders influence on the project?" The other option of stakeholder register simply lists down the stakeholders in a project but it is not used to "manage each stakeholders influence on the project." I hope that helps.
3 years 10 months ago #20955

Brigita

's Avatar

My answer would be stkh register, since from the question provided you are on planning process, thats why stkh plan is not correct answer. Before planning process you have identify stkh process and the output of this process is stkh register. Maybe somebody else has orher option?
3 years 10 months ago #20954

Dalia

's Avatar

Hi

I have tried PMI PMP practice exam and most of my mistakes are in stakeholder chapter.

For example, I have got the following question:

A newly identified stakeholder is negatively impacting planning activities. What should the project manager use to manage each stakeholders influence on the project ?

Choices: stakeholder engagement assessment matrix, stakeholder engagement plan, stakeholder register, stakeholder analysis.

I didn't know what to choose so I decided to choose the broader answer which is the stakeholder plan. But it showed my answer is incorrect !

Can anyone explain why ? And what should have been the correct answer ?

Thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login