fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt!

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 10 months ago #20826

• Matthew Gourdin
  • Matthew Gourdin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Today I sat for the online version of the exam.
Initiation AT
Planning AT
Executing AT
M&C AT
Closing BT (I don't know how that happened)

The online setup instructions took a bit longer than I anticipated, but I logged on more than 30 minutes before my exam, so I took care of that with time to spare.
I was pretty nervous about not having paper or a white board for a brain dump. It turns out the whiteboard tool is pretty versatile and allows for text as well. I wound up not even using it. Once I was prompted on the chat to move back to the center of the camera which you can see in one of the floating bars. Another time I was asked to move my hands away from my mouth.

I originally got my CAPM as part of my online Masters Degree and used those materials. With that program done, I read the PMBOK once and I think it really helped that I had some exposure from the CAPM because the PMBOK made a lot more sense to me than it would have otherwise.

Then I got PMPREPcast and took all the exams once. I reread the first half of the PMBOK and I had a lot of AHA! moments. I dabbled in the Rita Mulcahy quizzes and notes because my friends gave me the material, but I don't think it helped me much other than seeing the same material presented in different ways. I took the PMPREPcast tests again without trying to memorize questions and scored 10% higher across the board. I studied my mistakes and read ALL the explanations. I memorized all the formulas to the point I didn't even need a braindump. I thought the PMPREPcast questions were harder than the actual test. The real questions were worded very fairly and I didn't think the wording was confusing as I've seen others mention. I can't recommend this product enough, but would caution that you should have a firm grasp of the PMBOK to get the full benefit!

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 10 months ago #20834

• Pensee Bo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi thanks for sharing your experience, super helpful. Question, I know with the online test, they give you 10 break after a certain # of questions, however, can you take a break before the actual break time is allowed? I mean, can you use that 10 minutes break before they tell you to? Also, does the camera have to face you directly?

Did you get alot of math or formula questions? How did you use the white boards for drawing out a network diagram for example?

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 10 months ago #20835

• Matthew Gourdin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Pensee, The camera needs to be directly in front of you. I had to move mine.
The 10 minute break is only after the first 90 questions. Before the break I went back through the marked questions and actually found some I didn't read carefully enough and changed my answers. I'm so glad I did! The break is automatic and you can't take it earlier of later so make sure you're happy with the answers on the first 90 questions. I do wonder why it's at 90 questions and not the actual half way point of the test.
I don't think I'm allowed to talk about the types or number of certain types of questions, but I will say I didn't need the whiteboard at all.

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21587

• Curiousmind
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey,Congratulations
Wanted to check if you got an email after you cleared your exam.
There is a congratulatory message on the screen but since we don't get a printout as we get in test centre,how long did it took for you to get your detailed test report through e-mail?

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21592

• Pensee Bo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Yes you can check the Pearson site right away it's there. Result sent to pMI immediately.

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21596

• Omar Alnajjar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats Matthew!

What was your average scores of the Prepcast practice exams?

thanks

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21620

• Astha Ganjoo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Thank you.
I received my results through email within an hour.

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21643

• Matthew Gourdin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Omar, my scores were in the high 70s and up on the Prepcast tests. Hope this helps.

PMP Proctored Exam- Passed 1st attempt! 3 years 9 months ago #21668

• Laurie Martorano
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats Matthew!

Were there any/many questions using formulas?
Is there a way to capture processes since you can't brain dump/write anything. If it's an online tool how easy was it to use?

Thanks,
Laurie
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login