fbpx

Reply: PMP exam application > PM Experience

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam application > PM Experience

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #20822

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP

Eric Wanyutu Kahiga, PMP, PMI-ACP's Avatar

Hi Nitzan.
On your second question "Does any experience other than "project manager" qualify as eligible experience for the application?"

A job designation is vital in the workplace but for the PMP exam application; your job description does not have to strictly read "Project Manager". For PMI, you need to demonstrate that you have been involved in projects in the 5 phases of Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Control and Closing. A most important rule of thumb to consider is to always have documented evidence of the projects you put in for consideration so that you can avail them to PMI in case of an audit.

Best.
Eric.
3 years 10 months ago #20821

Elizabeth Harrin

Hello Nitzan
The PMP Handbook says that your PM experience must be accrued within the last 8 consecutive years, so there is no point filling in experience time before that.

Someone else will be along soon to answer the rest of your question better than I can!
3 years 10 months ago #20811

Nitzan Eini

Hi
While preparing my PMP exam application > PM Experience part, I came across two issues:
1. I noticed any project experience prior to 3/2011 does not count as qualified hours. Is there any expiration for project management experience? Is it pointless filling out information about experience before that date?
2. When entering my PM experience data I am requested to categorize the experience type: project manager, project leader, project contributor etc... Does any experience other than "project manager" qualify as eligible experience for the application?

Thank you and stay safe!

Nitzan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login