fbpx

Reply: Misc. Metals Project Manager

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Misc. Metals Project Manager

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #20752

Jaydip Chakrabarti

Hello Luis,

As Amy mentioned, refer PM Handbook which is an excellent source of information giving details of how your project management experience should be spread out across all five process groups. Create an Excel sheet to log your major projects with total duration of each project ( start date to finish date ), total number of hours ( considering 8 hours a day ), how many hours dedicated for the project ( if you are doing multiple projects simultaneously, you don't dedicate 100% of your 8 hours on one project ) and then allocate % of your total dedicated time for each process groups ( IN, PL, EXE, M&C and CL ). Total % added up should be 100%. Just remember, don't calculate overlapping time period for multiple projects in your worksheet. Same excel sheet should capture the name of the organization, supervisors name, contact phone and e-mail address so that if audited by PMI, you can remember who to contact for obtaining clarification. Fortunately, I did not get audited by PMI, if called for an audit, this excel sheet would have been a great tool to me.

Hope it helps.
3 years 11 months ago #20686

Amy Martinez

Hi Luis,

Have you consulted the PMP Handbook? ( www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...ssional-handbook.pdf )? The handbook provides a lot of detail on what qualifies as project management experience and how your experience should be spread across all five process groups. Page 11 of the handbook explains how to record your education and professional experience and the application. I would start there to make sure you meet the PMP eligibility requirements. Keep in mind to that you are only allowed to count projects that have been executed in the past 8 years. Please let me know if you have more questions!

Amy
4 years 14 hours ago #20654

Luis Gomez

First time posting. I'd like to know how I can go best about this. I've been a PM for just over 6 years now. All my experience is as a sub-contractor working on jobsites for general contractors. I've always been in a Managment position but as soon as I saw the pre-req for the application i knew it would be difficult to show my hours. I've worked on dozens of projects many i don't even remember. Even today i am managing 17 projects at the same time. My operations are merely tied into the product we provide but i want to know how i should go about showing my hours on the application. I mean i.e. In any given day i am visiting 3 or 4 of my jobs that are in active install and the other 12 or so are being serviced by coordination. Please advise

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login