fbpx

Reply: Using PMP language aid

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Using PMP language aid

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 7 months ago #22813

Gabriella Dellino, PMP

Hi guys,

I don't know how the language aid works for the PMP exam, but I agree with you that - after studying all the training material in English - I would probably find it harder to sit the exam in Italian. In fact, I must admit that, besides my understanding, I don't really know how the main concepts translate into Italian. This is why I decided to download the Italian version of the PMBOK , just for fun after having passed my PMP exam ;)

So indeed my recommendation is to go for the English exam, even more so if you practiced your exam simulation in English as well. Sometimes you may find a few questions where you don't know the exact meaning of a word or two, but my experience is that the context always helps, so that it is not crucial to know the meaning of every single word in the question.
If the language aid instead shows you the questions in English, and you need to ask for a translation into (say) Italian whenever needed, then maybe it won't hurt.

In bocca al lupo! ;)

Gabriella
3 years 7 months ago #22726

Alessandro Moretti

Hello Valerio,

I have the same issue. I had my studies and preparation in English. Now I was wondering that the "new version of language aid" will display English question "on demand" after clicking a button.
I probably will have the exam online.
Then, my choice will be to have the exam session in English to be focused on the questions even if sometimes I found some of them misleading in my understanding.

What do you think about that?
Any other suggestions or information about language aid?

Thanks,
A
3 years 11 months ago #20651

Valerio Tocca

Hi,

I am going to enroll in the PMP exam but I had a doubt whether using the provided language aid.

I studied in English, but, I understood that if you choose the language aid in Italian, for instance, the main language in which the exam is presented is Italian. You can switch to English by pressing the on-screen button, for each question. I think I would use English 90% on the times.

Maybe pressing the button each time to have the translation in English is a waste of time during the exam and counterproductive.. What would you recommend?

Thanks a lot

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login