fbpx

Reply: Prepcast PMP exam feedback

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Prepcast PMP exam feedback

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #20643

Chinh Tran

Thank you Cornelius. It makes sense now. I had the impression that the sample sizes were quite large as it seemed to me that Prepcast had many students. It would be helpful if the statistics also show the sample sizes. If the sample sizes are too small, the results could be inaccurate or not reliable, and this also applies to other categories as well. Thank you again.
3 years 11 months ago #20639

Cornelius Fichtner

Chinh,

I was wondering the same thing when I first saw this a while back and did some digging. Here is the explanation:

First of all, there are only a VERY small number of students who actually score 90% or above. This is because you have to have 90% of questions right in your FIRST attempt across ALL the questions you answer. That's hard. And second, out of that small number, an even small number actually reports back using the anonymous survey.

And so, the % you are seeing in the 90%-100% row is the feedback received from only 6 people: 4 passed in their first attempt, 1 passed in their second attempt, and 1 failed their first attempt, but then didn't go for a second attempt.

So overall, my recommendation is to ignore that particular row, because the number of students who fall into this category and then report back is so small that it's statistically not really that meaningful.
3 years 11 months ago #20638

Chinh Tran

I am wondering why the exam feedback statistics by PMP Prepcast don't seem to make sense with the last two groups. According to the feedback, only 67% of the PMP aspirants, who scored 90-100% correct on the simulator, passed the first PMP exam, while 92% of the PMP aspirants, who scored only 80-90% correct on the simulator, passed the first PMP exam. It seems to me the statistics are contradicting, or is it because the samples were too small that caused the statistics skewed? (See the attached file)
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login