fbpx

Reply: even if one data point is above or below upper/Lower control Limits,

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : even if one data point is above or below upper/Lower control Limits,

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #20770

Harry Elston

Gulraiz,

I could not find a definitive answer from PMI resources after looking for a couple of hours. With that, I would say that if a single point is outside the control limits, the process is out of control.

Harry
3 years 11 months ago #20757

Harry Elston

Gulraiz,

Before I lead you astray, I need to do some research on the question. I know what "my" answer is, but I do not know what the answer is from PMI's, and hence, the exam perspective.

Harry
3 years 11 months ago #20756

Gulraiz

Thanks sir Harry.

So answer to my question is yes?
3 years 11 months ago #20584

Harry Elston

Gulraiz:

I'll let one of the PM Pros answer your specific question, but from a Quality Assurance/Quality Control (production analytical chemistry) perspective

The measurement of of a single point outside the LCL or UCL will declare data that was acquired from the latest "in-control" reading and the "out of control" reading as suspect or null, depending on the quality assurance program. From a chemistry perspective (my area of expertise), there will be two sets of quality measurements - one for the instrument and one for the batch of analyses. Instrument QC measurements are normally conducted every 24 hours so that a lot of data is not wasted in the event of an Out of Control measurement. Batch QC measurements are done and if found out of control the entire batch is discarded and repeated.

Harry
3 years 11 months ago #20577

Gulraiz

even if one data point is above or below upper/Lower control Limits,is process considered to be out of control?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login