fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times?

Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times? 3 years 11 months ago #20500

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Hello Everyone,

This is a completely "off-topic" post, but I wanted to reach out and hear how all of you are doing in these troubling times? We have students all over the world and this pandemic doesn't stop at borders. So allow me to start and tell you how we are doing:

My wife (Shawn) and I are doing well. We have kept socially distant for nearly three weeks now. We go for regular walks (we live in a somewhat rural neighborhood with meandering streets) and we keep 2m/6ft away from anyone we meet outside. We have a couple of elderly neighbors and I check in with them when I go for the weekly shopping trip. I live in Tucson, Arizona, and there are currently only about 1,200 reported cases in the state. But it's been growing steadily over the past days and I'm personally expecting that we are only at the beginning. Both here at home as well as across the globe. So, for now, we feel lucky and safe, but bracing for things to come.

So stay safe, stay at home, and - of course - wash your hands, and please let us know how you are doing.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owen Xi Li
Last edit: by Cornelius Fichtner.

Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times? 3 years 11 months ago #20502

• Alex
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Cornelius,
Glad to hear you and family are doing well. We are in Canada, Ontario and doing well too. Here numbers are increasing as well.
We are working from home and schools are closed here. Same distancing protocols are in place and non -essential businesses,
including PMP test centers are closed for now until April 6th, I think, and most probably the government is going to extend the
closeouts because of the COVID-19 cases increasing. With all that in mind, I appreciate if you please let me know if you have any
suggestion for my post "PMP Exam prep and scheduling strategy because of COVID-19". I think this would be beneficial to the whole
community who are preparing for the exam.

Thanks,
Alex

Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times? 3 years 11 months ago #20508

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Thank you for the kind words Cornelius.

Cases are steadily increasing here in Toronto as well. I have been working from home for the past few weeks and I am now converting a lot of my project work remotely/digitally.

Besides staying physically fits and away from harm, regularly gauging your mental health (and the people around you) and staying mentally healthy will help a great deal during this difficult time.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner

Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times? 3 years 11 months ago #20510

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Cornelius,

Thank you for asking. We all are doing well and fairly isolated from humanity here in sleepy rural (very downstate from Chicago) Illinois. That's the good news. The bad news is that we're are severely bandwidth limited in terms of internet access, which makes 100% telecommuting with video calls a very big challenge.

Work has ground to a near halt for this independent contractor, which will make some for some challenging times in the upcoming months.

As the boards go, I think we're ove the hump of "They canceled my exam - now what?" kind of questions. Those have slowed down quite a bit in the last week or so.

Stay safe!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cornelius Fichtner
Last edit: by Harry Elston.

Are you all keeping safe in these troubling times? 3 years 11 months ago #20530

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Thank you for giving space for us to share, Cornelius.

In my state, we’ve been directed to stay home since March 21. I’m grateful for people who have been able and willing to do this as much as possible. As of now, our virus apex is predicted to be in late April for the first wave.

I’ve seen things I would not have guessed were possible before:
•doctors using FaceTime in lieu of office visits
•empty highways during rush hour
•schools offering pass/fail grades for the semester

I think about people who live without proper healthcare, immigrants, refugees, and prisoners. It’s scary and unfair to them. I think about people who’ve run out of money for food and housing. It’s scary and unfair to them, too. I think about healthcare workers, police, and firefighters, whom we lean hard on and who are put in harm’s way. Again, scary and unfair. I want things to go back to the way they were soon. I know some never will.

Today, I was grateful for a half-hour of card games, a sink free of dishes, and tears coming only 1 time.

I really had high hopes for 2020. And I still do.
Last edit: by Lisa Sweeney PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login