fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam prep and scheduling strategy because of COVID-19

PMP Exam prep and scheduling strategy because of COVID-19 3 years 11 months ago #20490

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Everyone,
Like many peopel my scheduled PMP exam in March was cancelled due to COVID-19. I have reschedule to write it again in April 2020,
but most likely it will be cancelled again based on more government restrictions to fight the spread of COVID-19 and they may
order non-essential businesses to stay close for few more months and maybe more. At the same time I keep using the Simulator
(however less frequently), so I don't forget my knowledge gained and my preparation for the exam. Currently I have about
30% of the questions Not Answered in the Simulator. PMI has extended my eligibility to sit for the exam to Jan 18, 2021,
per their latest COVID-19 announcement, and I only have one chance left to write the exam. Also my PMPrepCast Simulator is
expiring on May 2020.

PMPrepCast has been very supportive and willing to extend our access to the Simulator one time for free for 30 days,
However I was wondering:
1) What exam preparation stratergy you suggest in this situation with COVID-19? I want to leave some unanswered
questions from my PMPrepCast Simulator, so I can answer them later to prepare for my new exam date if it is going to happen.
2) What exam scheduling strategy you suggest because of COVID-19?
Should we schedule the exam 6 months from now, maybe by that time situation is safer and test centers may be open?
3) My understanding is that I can inform PMPrepCaset 7 days before the expiry day of my access to the Simulator
and they will give me a 30 days extension before my new exam date, is this correct?
4) With PMPrepCaset extension, if granted, my assumption is that the status of answered/not answered
questions in my simulator remains the same as it was before the extension, correct? Not clearing all answered questions!?

Thank you

PMP Exam prep and scheduling strategy because of COVID-19 3 years 11 months ago #20507

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hi Alex,

From my understanding, you have done most of your exam preparation and you are ready to write your exam, but in light of the virus situation your exam date is forced to reschedule and you want to keep your memory fresh before your next exam date correct?

Although I cannot predict what is going to happen in the next few months. I can definitely give you some suggestions using the PMP materials we have learned.

To deal with something with lots of unknowns and uncertainty, we can inject some Agile elements into your study plan.

I'd suggest running weekly sprints to keep your memory fresh, for example you can revisit the simulator questions you've completed, or trying out new simulator questions from other sources. At the end of the week you can guage your readiness and readjust your plan according to the coronavirus situation.

I'd save one full, unfinished Prepcast simulator exam when your exam date is confirmed.

Hope this helps Alex, cheers.
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

PMP Exam prep and scheduling strategy because of COVID-19 3 years 11 months ago #20519

• Alex
  • Alex's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Joe,
Thanks for your response and suggestion. I like the idea and I am going to try it. I think I will also review the PMP book on the areas that I need to improve.

Thanks,
Alex
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login