fbpx

Reply: Self-Assessment Questions for Module 05 Project Scope Management

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Self-Assessment Questions for Module 05 Project Scope Management

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 week ago #20424

Harry Elston

Tales,

No worries; I'm probably not understanding your question well. Perhaps another Moderator can chime in?

Harry
4 years 1 week ago #20423

Tales Prado Thomaz

's Avatar

Hi Harry,

thanks for your answer, and I'm not trying to be impolite here, and with all respect but your answer did not seem to actually answer what I was asking (I'm sorry but I couldn't see).

I guess rephrasing: if Scope Statement is an input to a WBS( as shown in page 156 of the 6th edition) why it could not be considered as something that would help build a WBS? and if the PM should consider the possibility of looking for OPAs outside of his company why can't he/she find lessons learned from another company as an input to the WBS, making the explanation for option B also valid for option A.

thanks,
4 years 1 week ago #20420

Harry Elston

Tales,

The question is asking, "Which of the following would help the project manager create the project WBS?" only. All of the other stuff in the question is there to detract you from what the question is asking.

Many, many questions on the PMI PMP exam are worded in such a fashion. I found the best way to approach these question is (in order)
1) Read what the question is asking first. (In this case, the ONLY question is "Which of the following....create the project WBS?")
2) Determine if any of the other information is relevant to the question. (Hint: Many times it is not).
3) If 2 is "yes) then determine the relevant information and reapply your thinking.

There are numerous videos on YouTube that will give to test taking strategies for the PMP exam.

I personally found this maddening, but got used to it in my preparation for the exam. Best of luck!

Harry
4 years 1 week ago #20414

Tales Prado Thomaz

Can someone please explain in further details why option C "Scope Statement " is not the correct option for the question below? I thought that because Scope Statement is an input to produce the WBS is would be used here to help produce it. The correct answer seems tricky to me since there are not OPAs but then the PM is supposed to find it outside the company., I guess the same would apply to Lessons Learned wouldn't it?

Anyway, I would like to read some opinions about this question and the answer given.

Question 13: A project manager is managing a process improvement project based on the Six Sigma process improvement methodology. The Six Sigma methodology is being tested for the first time in the company. In addition, this is the first time the project manager is managing such a project. The project manager wants to create the project’s WBS, but there are no Six Sigma organizational process assets available. Which of the following would help the project manager create the project WBS?
A.) Lessons learned
B.) WBS templates
C.) Scope statement
D.) Decomposition

Correct answer is B
Explanation: The required knowledge does not currently exist in the company. The project manager must look for external sources for this information. WBS templates can be very helpful to the project manager when drafting this project's WBS.
A.) Incorrect. As this company has not done this before, so there are no lessons learned
B.) Correct. WBS templates can be found from a variety of sources inside and outside the company.
C.) Incorrect. The scope statement is an output of the Define Scope process and will not help in this manner.
D.) Incorrect. Decomposition is the process of creating the WBS. It does not define the structure.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login