fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam last week

Passed PMP exam last week 4 years 2 weeks ago #20277

• Jaydip Chakrabarti
  • Jaydip Chakrabarti's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello all,

I am happy to let all of you know that I passed PMP exam on first attempt last week.
Thanks to Harry Elston & Lisa Sweeney for constant advice and encouragement. Thanks to Cornelius for the wonder PM Prepcast and simulator.

With my 12-13 weeks real study (Wuf! I did not study so much during engineering ) almost 2-3 hours every day on the weekdays and 4-5 hours on the weekends and referred PMBOK. Andy Crowe & Rita's book.
My exam was really hard. I had only 3 formula related questions. (15-20)% were either one and half liner, (40-50)% between 2 and 3 lines and the rests were long. Although, I was scoring high on the simulator, at some point of time in the real exam, I thought of giving up. I am not trying to scare anyone but a good preparation and a “ Can Do “ attitude will help.

My preparation strategy was as below :

1. Read each book couple of times. Truly understand the concept and the linkage of processes in each process groups and create a map either visually or in your mind.
2. Simulator is a wonder tool. MUST work on it either in full or in batches of 20-30 at a time. Review all wrong answers and understand the logic why wrong with the explanation.
3. However, it appeared to me that simulator is not enough. Practiced questions from other sources which also helped.
4. Created an Excel sheet showing source of questions, reviewing wrong in first attempt, why, reviewing wrong answers in 2nd attempt, why, etc. until absolutely convinced.
5. If the idea is not clear, refer to YouTube. Good explanation from several posts.
6. In the end, what is important is “ Can Do “ attitude. Remember, perseverance pays in the long run.

Now I am relaxed for the time being before taking the next challenge. If anyone needs any help/tips, please feel free to reach out to me.

Regards.
Jay
B.Eng. PG in Supply Chain Management, PMP, Green Belt, SAP certified
Last edit: by Jaydip Chakrabarti.

Passed PMP exam last week 4 years 2 weeks ago #20283

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Very well done, Jay, Congratulations!
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

Passed PMP exam last week 4 years 2 weeks ago #20284

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Congrats Jay!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login