fbpx

Reply: Whether to Take June 2020 test or NOT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Whether to Take June 2020 test or NOT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 weeks ago #20259

Harry Elston

There are two competing things happening right now: The "New" PMP Exam (1 July 2020) and PMBOK 7 (sometime in the future).

As I understand it, the new edition of the exam (1 July 2020) will still be aligned with PMBOK 6th edition but will emphasize more heavily Agile methods. It is my understanding that you will still need to understand process groups/knowledge areas to successfully navigate the exam.

As far as PMBOK 7 goes, I heard a podcast on the group's idea of the new guidance. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Good luck.

Harry
4 years 2 weeks ago #20255

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your response.
I feel motivated now because earlier I was bit confused that if i didn't followed PMBOK 6th edition, would i be able to pass the PMP test.

Regards,
Atul Gupta
4 years 2 weeks ago #20254

Harry Elston

Atul:

I used Headfirst in combination with the exam simulator and the Prepcast. I found it to be a good combination. I probably put in about 100-150 hours over 12 weeks in intense study and it paid off for me.

Good luck.

Harry
4 years 2 weeks ago #20252

Atul Gupta

's Avatar

Hi All,

I am planning for PMP certification and after reading the contents available on this forum, i was trying to decide whether i could be able to clear the exam in
the first attempt before July 2020, when the exam patterns changes
I will be starting with preparation from mid of march i.e 15/03/2020 and based on my daily job schedule can devote at max 1.5 hours daily.
Could you please help me from your experience whether the below plan can help me achieve my target OR should i wait and try to give
new test after July 2020.
Plan details
1) Going through headfirst book and planning to complete it by end of March 2020.
2) Going through PMP Prep Cast Training for getting 35 contact hours of project management training from April till mid May 2020 and
checking Head first book again for difficult topics.
3) Then practicing with PMP PrepCast exam simulator from Mid May 2020 till Mid June June 2020.
4) Finally giving my best shot after mid June 2020 for final exam.

In this plan i am sticking to only one book Head first and not taking referring other books like PMBOK 6th edition and Rita Mulchay as I will be short of time.

Thanks for your effort in advance.

Regards,
Atul Gupta

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login