fbpx

Reply: How does this Study Plan Sound? - Feeling a bit overwhelmed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How does this Study Plan Sound? - Feeling a bit overwhelmed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 weeks ago #20242

Anonymous

's Avatar

Do not go for RITA unless you aim to do PHD in Project management and not PMP certification. It is way too verbose and detailed, so much information is an overdose and not at all required to clear PMP.

I stuck to andy crowe book which is in bullet format and PMBOK guide as a reference after that. This is all you need to clear PMP in 45 days which i did with all above target.

prep-cast simulator test are good practice and is sufficient enough. spend more time in reviewing questions you did wrong and going back to PMBOK guide to read that section again.

Thats all you need and it will be done in 45 days. provided you are consistent .
4 years 3 weeks ago #20240

Harry Elston

Nicholas:

The study technique that you use will be very dependent on your own personal learning style. I utilized multiple resources in addition to Prepcast and PMBOK Guide. I described my technique in the Lessons Learned but that is buried far back. Here's the URL to how I did it: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

If the URL does not work, I have the entire Lessons Learned that I can repost here.

Best of luck,

Harry
4 years 3 weeks ago #20239

Nicholas Kozak

I just purchased the PM Prepcast Elite with the Exam Simulator and I am a little worried that this would not be enough. I often look online and see people reading the PMBOK 2 or 3 times as well as reading through Rita's book and doing the PM Prepcast as well as a ton of different simulation exams. I must admit to me, this seems a little overwhelming, I have pretty bad ADHD (not trying to use it as a crutch, just being honest), and have a hard time focusing on dry material. I was hoping to take a more streamlined approach to PMP study so I don't have to jump all over the place on different resources because I honestly don't know if I could read through the PMBOK twice and Rita's book as well as Prepcast in a timely manner. I was hoping to:
1. Utilize PM Prepcast Elite Course
2. Read PMBOK and follow along with the Prepcast Course
3. Do the exam simulator

Do you think that a strategy like this would be enough to pass the PMP? Do you really need to have 3+ different study resources to pass this exam? I was told by a few people that PMPrepcast w/ simulator and reading PMBOK should be enough but now I am not so sure.

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login