fbpx

Reply: PM Exam Simulator

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM Exam Simulator

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 weeks ago #20198

Harry Elston

John,

When you start with the exam simulator, do not worry about the scores. Use it to train your thinking in the PMI way of doing business and asking test questions. My initial scores were abysmal, but I expected them to be that way so I just slogged through until I was about 1/2 way through the Prepcast. That is when I started seeing a sharp upturn in the scores. You will find that after you're about 1/2 way or a little more, the material becomes circular: Late PMBOK processes call on earlier processes - so you'll start to connect the patterns.

Remember this though. The right answer to any particular question may not be what you would do personally. The right answer is ALWAYS what the PMBOK Guide says it is. ALWAYS answer from the PMBOK perspective.

H
4 years 4 weeks ago #20187

John Rosa

's Avatar

Lisa,

Thank you for the reply, and the details on how you used the Exam Simulator. Like the answer and insight Harry provided in his reply earlier, I appreciate you haring shared your insight and method.

Thank you for including the link to Corneilius' note on activation and duration, along with the point about the exam changing on July 1st (I didn't realize that) as I am trying to hit the June timeframe this year.

Thanks,

John Rosa
4 years 4 weeks ago #20186

John Rosa

's Avatar

Harry,

Thank you very much for replying and providing the method you followed using both the PM Prepcast and Exam Simulator.

I was thinking about doing the same, but wasn't sure if I was taking on the exam practice too early in the cycle.

Thank you for the insight.

John Rosa
4 years 4 weeks ago #20184

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi John,

If you plan to take the exam before it changes on July 1, you can activate the Exam Simulator anytime. There are only 122 days between now and July 1. I found the first couple of exams more difficult until I had got through some of the modules.

Here's a post from Cornelius that gives more information about the 90 day activation: PrepCast Elite

I did a 40-question quiz each day, Monday–Thurday (untimed), and took 200 question tests on Saturdays. It's important to review your answers, particularly the ones you got wrong.

I wish you the best, John!
4 years 4 weeks ago #20183

Harry Elston

John,

I will answer the first, but I cannot answer the second.

I did a 12 week prep that included the whole PM Prepcast and exam simulator. (90 days is roughly 12 weeks). I did questions/ezams concurrently with study material so that I could get an idea of what I would be up against for the standardized exam. That approach made sense to me so I ran with it.

WRT the other question, you'll have to ask customer service.

Hope that helps!

Harry
4 years 1 month ago #20138

John Rosa

I purchased the PM-Prepcast Elite package about a week ago (great stuff). My questions are with the Exam Simulator in relation to study and training.
1. The Exam simulator is good initially for 90 days after being activated, but when is the best to activate and start using it? After you have gone through some of the modules , or right away, or after going through all the modules?
2. Is there a limit to the time that the Exam Simulator will be available if not yet activated?

Let me know. Have enjoyed starting this phase in my PMP Cert journey so far.

Thank you.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login