fbpx

Reply: Thoughts about applying for the exam before July 1 2020?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Thoughts about applying for the exam before July 1 2020?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #20145

Harry Elston

Simon,

Here's my 2-cents worth: I took about 12 weeks to go from not understanding PMI's way of doing business to "Pass 5XAT." So figure 10-15 weeks of study. If you have that available go for it, and leave yourself a margin to repeat the exam one more time after that.

If you wait and you're one of the first to take it after July 1, you are in what I call "the guinea pig pool." You are the experimental set of test takers. PMI may believe that they have the exam dialed in, but if they find a set of questions that everyone is missing, they will look at those more carefully and make modifications to subsequent exams. My personal thoughts are to never be the first to take a standardized exam.

My 2-cents only.

Harry
4 years 1 month ago #20122

Simon

's Avatar

Cornelius Fichtner wrote: Simon,

Go for it! If you put your mind to it and study hard over the coming 2.5 months then you can definitely close this before the upcoming change.

And yes... the current version of The PMP Exam Simulator will be shut down on July 2nd, 2020 and not a day before. Anyone with an active subscription will be able to use our simulator until the very last minute.

Thanks Cornelius, my PMP application just got accepted.

Would it be best to pay the application fee now to see what exam dates are available?

What is the latest day you would book the exam in order to also allow time for a second try if needed?
4 years 1 month ago #20063

Cornelius Fichtner

The short answer is "No".

Starting 2020-07-01 everyone will have to take the new exam, no matter what your circumstances are.

In 15 years of teaching for this exam, I have only come across ONE instance where PMI has allowed someone to retake the old exam: The testing center had a bad crash on the last day of the old exam. So the student was allowed to retake the "old" exam within 1 week even after the change.
4 years 1 month ago #20057

Robert Thompson

If my application for exam eligibility is approved in February 2020 and I fail the test in April 2020, would I be able to take the current test version 1 year from the date of application approval? For example, if my application is approved in February 2020, will I have until February 2021 to take the current exam up to 3 times?
4 years 1 month ago #20052

Cornelius Fichtner

Simon,

Go for it! If you put your mind to it and study hard over the coming 2.5 months then you can definitely close this before the upcoming change.

And yes... the current version of The PMP Exam Simulator will be shut down on July 2nd, 2020 and not a day before. Anyone with an active subscription will be able to use our simulator until the very last minute.
4 years 1 month ago #20051

Simon

's Avatar

Hi,

If I start applying and preparing for the exam now, would I still have enough time to complete the current exam?

Or would you rather wait until after July 1 2020 because it is too close to deadline now?

What about the prepcast simulator, would I still have access to all the questions for the current exam until July 1 2020?

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login