fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both.

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19976

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Afraa Ghoulam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
I need advise please. I have been studying for 7 months now. and I created so many notes and I though I'm very well prepared and decided to buy the prep cast simulator. So far I took 2 exams from the simulator and I failed on both, first one was 63% with:
Initiating - Need Improvement
M and C - Below Target
Planning and Executing - Target
Closing - Above Target

Yesterday I took the 2nd simulator exam and this time I have Planning and Executing below Target!!!!

I'm very confused, please please advise. My exam on the 1st week of March

Thanks

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19983

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Irrespective of which mock test you give, one thing that for sure would help you is doing an RCA ( Root Cause Analysis ). This has helped me a lot.
Refer to attached image.

While answering the question, wherever i was a bit doubtful i use to write like what are the chances of being right or wrong and while reviewing it, i use to update the actual status whether i was correct or did i do a silly mistake of overlooking keywords like 'NOT.

You can create your own set of legend, this is just an example.

Like when i did first time pm-simulator, i realized that i marked 73 questions out of 200 and i only had 11 minutes t review and i learnt my lesson that i should be conservative with marking.
Also whatsoever i have marked or answered as wrong, i use to double check the reasoning behind it.

I would say, before you jump on to 3rd mock test, review each and every question ( including the right ones ) on first two mock test and think about what was your thought process vs what the selected answer indicates. This would improve your thought process & help you in clearing your concepts.

-Neeraj
Attachments:

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19991

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much Neeraj. This is what I'm doing right now, going through each question wrong and correct ones and see what I did.

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19997

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Extension to my previous question please:
So as I'm going through the correct and wrong questions I have in the 1st and 2nd Mock test did I have to document the notes or just make sure I have it in my mind? I'm afraid if I document everything I will end up with another book created by me at the end of the 8 Simulator exams! at the same time I'm afraid if I will not write it down I will forget them.

Any quick advise much appreciated

Afraa

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19998

• Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan
  • Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Afraa,

Do not worry. I was also concerned about my 1st two mock tests couple of weeks ago. Was scoring around 63/64. Now I have improved to 70s (have took 5 tests) and hoping to improve before my exam next week. See this post.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...pm-prepcast-mocktest

Rather than writing everything for you to go through, I would suggest you to spend time and analyse options "why" and "why not".

You may just write down key concepts that you feel you will forget. Would help you. It is still up to you which style you want to follow.

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 2 months ago #19999

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
THANK YOU, you just made my day :)
Much appreciated and best of luck. you will pass so please share your lessons learned after the test :woohoo:

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 1 month ago #20088

• Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan
  • Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Afraa,

Passed my exam. All above target except closing (target). Refer below for exam lessons learnt. You will pass too. :) Best of luck.

Dont worry about simulator results. Make sure you analyse them thoroughly and device a plan to manage time. You should be good. :)

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...3-passed-pmp-1st-try

Regards,
Anantha

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 1 month ago #20091

• Daniel Kokkos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
It's OK, failing is perfectly normal. The best part is. . . you can learn from your failure. The prepcast makes it very easy to read up on the wrong answers and learn and begin again. I would say If you think the test is to daunting at first, take the principles of project management and break them down into smaller manageable chunks. Do tests with a length of 30 or 50. Focus on them in a smaller set and see how you do. This was a great strategy that my group used to get questions knocked out and understood.

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 1 month ago #20092

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. Conguatulations and so happy for you. I got 70.5% on my 3rd simulator. My plan to finish all of them before the exam. My test 1st week of March ;)

Took 2 simulator exams so far and failed on both. 4 years 1 month ago #20093

• Afraa Ghoulam
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I got 70.5% on my 3rd simulator. My plan to finish all of them before the exam. My test 1st week of March
Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login