fbpx

Reply: Just finished the PMP exam now

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Just finished the PMP exam now

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19980

Chetan Shankar

Source of questions were from PrepCast, Rita 9th edition, and some other questions. PMBOK 6th edition was my primary reference material... Rita for some additional parts...
4 years 2 months ago #19956

Chetan Shankar

I did take the PrepCast simulator exam (first seven exams without ITTO).. during my first attempt my scores on an average were at 73% and during the second round, it was on an average at around 84%..

Prepcast exams were reasonably OK to crack or you could pass.. I found the actual PMP exam questions that I took were very hard.. means the kind of questions I faced were not similar to any of the questions that I came across before.. Found many of the questions were agile-based... critical path question was tough .. scheduling questions were tough... although PrepCast there are many answers that are mapped to a process area.. the questions from the PMP were kind of vague. It means found difficult to map it to a proecss or tools..

PrepCast sets you at the right level and pace to take the exams but looking at the questions .. and certainly helps but not sufficient ...
4 years 2 months ago #19954

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi
first of all, congratulations for passing the exam,
can you help me with the closest source of questions to real exam if you have?
Thanks and congratulations again
4 years 2 months ago #19947

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Congrats Chetan. Great.

Did you try Simulator exams in Prepcast? If yes, would like to understand what was more different from Simulator mock tests? Am taking mine on 20th Feb 2020.
4 years 2 months ago #19945

Chetan Shankar

Just finished the PMP exam, could get above targets in all the domains. The exam was very difficult.. with tough questions.. I didn't find easy questions at all... I studied PMBOK Guide 6th edition extensively and Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep 9th edition for some of the topics not covered in PMBOK Guide... PMPrepCast certainly helped! but have a word of caution that it was not sufficient... suggest going through as many new questions as you can... during my exam I found questions related to, finding critical path method questions and questions based on costs, CPI, SPI, etc.. were unusually tough and time-consuming.. didn't find standard or straight forward type of questions.. every question were unbelievably twisted to make my brain go nuts...

This is only a hint for your preparation...
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login