fbpx

Reply: PM Simulator Help

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM Simulator Help

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19968

Rabi Kumar Chellapila,PMP

's Avatar

Hi Neeraj,

You are on Right Track.. All the best...

Thanks!
Rabi
4 years 1 month ago #19962

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Good to hear you are consistent in mid 70s. All the best. Am rooting for you. You will for sure pass the exam tomorrow.

Option B or C (just clicking option for clueless questions..a piece of luck if we dont have time to read the question later..) Yes I agree. Marking less no. of questions definitely helps.

Haven't thought of PgMP now. Maybe after my exam this is something I will have to consider :)

Please share your experience tomorrow after your exam when you get time. Looking forward to hear from you.
4 years 1 month ago #19960

Neeraj Vasudeva

Thanks Anantha for sharing your strategy. By the way what is B/C that you mentioned above?

I did my 2nd Mock test today and scored 73%. This time I ended up having 30 min to review. I did NOT skip lengthy questions though this time I marked less no. of questions and that definitely helped.

Yaah, we could have formed study group.

Are you planning to do PgMP after PMP? I am planning to do & have thought to wrap it in next 3.5 to 4 months. Hopefully i clear the exam tomorrow.

-Neeraj
4 years 1 month ago #19951

I tried 3 pass technique in my mock test 3 and 4. It helped me.

First Pass
I mark questions for 3 reasons.
1) Doubtful answer (even with little doubt) Answer, Mark and move on.
2) Questions with more than 3 sentences or options having big sentences. Do not read the question, mark and move on. I did this because after couple of hours (during my mock test 1 and 2,) I felt my brain got tired of reading and understanding questions. Got irritated towards the end. So in order to use my energy wisely wanted to answer as much as possible in first pass.
3) Completely clueless (1 or 2 questions out of 200) - Use option (B/C) and mark. Write it down in my sheet. Writing it down just not to review this question during my 2nd and 3rd pass. Clicking some answer will help if we dont have time towards the end.

2nd Pass
Answer unanswered questions (big questions)

3rd Pass
Review marked questions

If time permits, read and answer clueless questions based on real life exp.

I am also in CST. :) We could have formed study group earlier (Had I used the forum wisely in the beginning)
4 years 1 month ago #19950

Neeraj Vasudeva

Thanks for the screenshot.

Well in my case, I ended up marking 73 questions, of course out of these 73 marked question, only 24 were truly wrong. The other way to look at it is 50+ i wasn't 100% sure, i was perhaps 85% sure that's why I selected an option, marked and moved on.

What is your strategy for marking, are you marking if you are 100% sure that you don't know the answer or you were even marking questions where you are a little bit doubtful like 80% you are confident about your choice and still marking?
One way, i was thinking that perhaps, the questions that i am completely clueless, i should not answer at all in 1st round, and then I should focus them on 2nd round, but then it introduces the risk of not at all answering them, if I run out of time.

Looking forward to hear your marking strategy..by the way what timezone are you in? I am in US, Central Timezone.

-Neeraj
4 years 1 month ago #19948

Great. First two tests was tough for me too on timing and I scored bad. 3 and 4 were decently good as I managed my time better by marking questions.

You are in good range. Refer attached snap (which you can also find in your statistics). Again PMprepcast gives a disclaimer that this is just an indication. :) But do not worry, you are doing good. :)

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login