fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator?

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19938

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Neeraj Vasudeva's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi,

I used pm-simulator and really like the grid feature where I could jump to a question and even see categorically the marked ones.
Do we get similar grid feature in actual PMP conducted at PearsonVue. I am assuming the answer is yes. Please confirm.

-Neeraj

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19939

• Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan
  • Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Following.

Curious to know.

-Anantha

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19981

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Anantha,

I cleared the exam today :-) will share the exam experience soon.

With regards to availability of grid feature in PMP exam.

Effectively during actual PMP exam, you have an option to :
a) Flag a question
b) Leave the question unanswered

Having said that you cannot access the grid until you are done with all the questions. I could access the grid once i reached 200th question. This was indicated as part of the tutorial.
This is one diff. i would say when you compare pmp with pm-simulator. In PM-Simulator full blown mock test, you have access to grid all the time.

At the end of 200th question, once you are in PMP grid ( actual exam ), there were 4 options:
a) Review ALL questions
b) Review flagged question
c) Review unanswered question
d) END REVIEW ( Do not click this, else you would end up finishing up the exam )

Hope this helps !!

-Neeraj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19986

• VP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats Neeraj! Can you tell me what kind of a clock does the real exam have - Does it start from 240 minutes and count down minutes like 239 mins... 238 mins... and so on. Or does it start from 4hrs 00mins and then count down like 3h 59mins... 3h 58 mins... and so on.

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19987

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi VP,

Neeraj this side. The timer starts at 240... 239 .. so on.

Neeraj

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19989

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Wow. Congrats Neeraj. Happy for you.

Thanks for letting me know about the Grid option.

How was exam in comparison with Simulator? Was it easy? Looking forward for your exam experience.

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #19990

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

VP wrote: Congrats Neeraj! Can you tell me what kind of a clock does the real exam have - Does it start from 240 minutes and count down minutes like 239 mins... 238 mins... and so on. Or does it start from 4hrs 00mins and then count down like 3h 59mins... 3h 58 mins... and so on.

[/color]

Thanks a lot. The actual PMP clock is 240... 239 ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: VP
Last edit: by Neeraj Vasudeva.

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #20029

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan wrote: Wow. Congrats Neeraj. Happy for you.

Thanks for letting me know about the Grid option.

How was exam in comparison with Simulator? Was it easy? Looking forward for your exam experience.

Anantha,

I just posted my PMP journey under success story

Enjoy !!

Hope your prep. is going on good. I just started off with PgMP. If you are interested to start it, let me know, we could do group study.

-Neeraj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan
Last edit: by Neeraj Vasudeva.

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #20036

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks Neeraj. Appreciate it.

Yes going on good. Want to get this done on a positive note. Sure. Will decide about PgMP and let you know after I pass the exam. Fingers crossed. :)

Does real exam have Grid option similar to pm-simulator? 4 years 2 months ago #20087

• Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Neeraj,

Passed my exam. All above target except closing (target)

Thanks for your inputs and suggestions

Regards,
Anantha
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login