fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Change Log and Issue Log

Change Log and Issue Log 4 years 2 months ago #19820

• Dipanshu Bhardwaj
  • Dipanshu Bhardwaj's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone let me know when is the CHANGE LOG created first time?
Are planned risk updated in ISSUE LOG?

Change Log and Issue Log 4 years 2 months ago #19828

• Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan
  • Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hello Dipanshu,

I am also preparing for PMP and I feel change log is created first time in "Direct and Manage project work" process where Change request is output.

During this processes, issues arise which may spur proposed changes. The issues are first recorded in the issue log. If after review of the issue log it is determined a change request is required
then the change request is logged in the change log, and the change request goes through the Perform Integrated change control process. Change requests may modify project policies or procedures, project
or product scope, project cost or budget, project schedule, or quality of the project or product results. The project manager should document all issues in the issue log and all change requests in the change log.

Planned risk is not updated in issue log. Issues are something that arise during project and moreover issue log is not a output of any process in Project Risk Management. Prepcast videos in risk management has a good explanation between a risk and a issue.

**Can someone check my explanation here** ??
Last edit: by Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login