fbpx

Reply: Oliver Lehmann Questions - Supporting answer

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Oliver Lehmann Questions - Supporting answer

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19836

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Thanks Cornelius and Harry for your responses. Appreciate it.

Cornelius - Thanks much for insights.
4 years 1 month ago #19832

Cornelius Fichtner

Anantha,

I have two comments about these questions and concerns: First of all, while I respect Oliver and think that his questions are really challenging, I do not think that they represent the current style of questions on the PMP exam. And second, because these are Oliver's questions, it would be better if you contacted him directly about this. After all... he is the author and is best equipped to explain them.
4 years 1 month ago #19829

Harry Elston

Anantha:

I will take a stab at the first two:

1. A CPI (cost performance index) of unity means the schedule is on budget. An SPI (schedule performance index) of less than one means the project is behind schedule. These indices can be calculated any time during a project. A is the "best" answer.

2. The Point of Total Assumption is point of a fixed price (or fixed price plus incentive) type contract when the seller bears all fiscal responsibility of cost overruns. Here's the Wikipedia explanation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_of_total_assumption

Harry
4 years 1 month ago #19802

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Hello,

I took Oliver Lehmann 100 questions and scored 68%. Need some insights on a) how do you see my performance (I know that mock test scores are not the right way to judge if we are ready. Just wanted to baseline with other PMP students who passed 1st time) b) insights on following questions.

Appreciate your help and response.

1) You found the following earned value analysis information for a project that was recently closed-out:
SPI = 0.7, CPI = 1.0

Options
The project has been cancelled while it was executed. At that time the project was behind schedule and on budget.
The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in behind schedule but on budget.
The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in ahead of schedule but on budget.
The project's deliverables have all been finished. The project came in on schedule but over budget.

How is answer Option A? In other words how do you determine if the project is closed mid way or executed until the end.

2) Question on Point of Total assumption, break point - Can you refer me a webpage/video tutorial where I can learn about this?

3) Start dates in the following network logic diagram are defined as early morning, finish dates are evening. If tasks are scheduled to begin at early start date, what is true?

Refer image attached - Question3.jpg

Options
Activity B has a free float of 10 d.
Activity B has a total float of 10 d.
Activity A has a free float of 10 d.
Activity A has a total float of 10 d.

4) A project manager made 3-point estimates on a critical path along a sequence of activities A through E and found the following results:
Refer image attached - Question4.jpg
Assuming ±3 sigma precision level for each estimate, what is the calculated standard deviation of the allover path?

Options
App. 4.2 days
App. 5.2 days
App. 6.2 days
You can not derive the path standard deviation from the information given.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login