fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed PMP in second attempt!

Passed PMP in second attempt! 4 years 2 months ago #19746

• googlesmart
  • googlesmart's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hello & glad to inform that I passed my PMP exam in second attempt

My journey was little bit away from conventional. Here are highlights.

First attempt:
I took well known online training course and it was very well structured. From base of about 50% before starting course, I improved myself to about 70-75% in all areas. The course had mock exams of 50 questions that helped me. However, I questioned myself as there were no full length 200 question exams. So I purchased one cheap material exam package of 4 full length exams. That was bad move as there were truly only 2 new exams and other two were repeats in combination. I still scored about 65% and felt ok. English is not my first language but I was ok as I have been working in US for many years. My main issue was that my reading speed was not good. Since the beginning, I could only read & solve 1 question per minute. That still gave me 40 min spare time to check answers. But as it turned out it was not sufficient and I failed with 1 above target, 3 target, and 1 need improvement. I solved 200 questions with 15 minutes spare. I marked few questions as I practiced but to me that was not a great strategy as I hardly changed any answer after first pass.

So, I decided to reattempt in 4-5 weeks after first exam. The major changes I did strategically is that I decided to write brain dump of processes and top 12 formulas. I bought this package of 8 full length exams because I always had doubt that I was not prepared for full length exam. I decided not to mark any answer and finished last question with few seconds remaining. The result was great success. My advice is to simulate and take as many as full length exams under same environment and fill in gaps from incorrect answers. I think scoring about 70% is safe baseline.

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Claudia Ceboleiro

Passed PMP in second attempt! 4 years 2 months ago #19750

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Congrats on earning your PMP!

Passed PMP in second attempt! 4 years 2 months ago #19774

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congratulations
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login