fbpx

Reply: Need Help! PM Prepcast MockTest

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Need Help! PM Prepcast MockTest

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19843

Tracy Shagnea, PMP

Anantha,

What other study material are you using than the PMBoK? The PMBoK alone is not sufficient, and some of the test material is not there.

FWIW, I NEVER read the PMBoK before taking the exam. I used it as a reference to clarify other questions/look up definitions, but have never read it cover-to-cover. Many people use the PMP Exam Prep book by Rita Mulcahy.

In any case, don't panic. Take your time, and sit for the exam when you feel ready.

Best regards,

Tracy
4 years 1 month ago #19838

googlesmart

Your score may go up and down depending on how difficult the questions are in these tests. What you can do is to gain understanding each time you complete the test. Go through your wrong answers and find out why did you select wrong answer on what assumption and why the correct answer was not selected. It can reveal that what was the gap in your knowledge or you made some silly mistakes such as not reading full question or full choices or you did not know some term in answer. Try to build up your knowledge.
4 years 1 month ago #19837

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

After a week of hard work took my mock test 3 in simulator and scored 76%(passed). Still couldn't answer around 10 questions that I marked. What am I still missing here?
Was very close this time. But I want to finish the test atleast in 3hrs and 30 minutes so that I can answer/check marked questions. Requesting suggestions.
Have my PMP exam on 20th of Feb 2020. I want to improve the rate at which I answer questions. Suggestions please...
4 years 2 months ago #19754

's Avatar

Yazmine Darcy,

Thanks for your insights. Will prepare my weak areas better this week. Planning to do my test 3 this weekend. Aiming 80%. Will let you know where I land.

Regards,
Anantha
4 years 2 months ago #19744

Yazmine Darcy

Anantha,

First of all, thank you for using the PM Exam Simulator for your exam preparation.

You have taken important steps in getting ready for the exam. I can see that you are using the opportunity to use the simulator to analyze your results and to understand your strengths & weaknesses.
You are using the time to go back to the PMBOK Guide and/or to the PM Prepcast lessons to check your understanding of a topic or concept.
You are practicing using full exams in order for you to get a feel for sitting for the full duration of the exam.
You are reaching out to others in this forum for help/support.

You asked in your post what else you can do. Here are a few suggestions:
From your own account, and that you rushed through the last 60 questions. I think you understand how critical it is to manage your time and not spend too much time on any given question. Perhaps consider practicing using the mark feature or how you want to handle these questions. You want to pace yourself to allow for sufficient time to review any marked questions at the end, but at least you may not feel rushed at the end.

You may also try looking at your statistics to see how well you are answering questions the first time you see them on the simulator. Our rule of thumb is: If you consistently answer 70% of questions that you have never seen before correctly, you can consider yourself to be ready. This 70% rule is, of course, only a generalization. Everyone is different and there is no guarantee that a score of >70% will ensure that you pass the actual Project Management Professional (PMP)®.

Again, this is merely a rule of thumb, many students say that some of the PM Exam Simulator questions are even more challenging than the real PMI exam, questions so please don't be overly discouraged or worried by your scores. Keep doing what you are doing and be in action. Practice with more questions/full exams. Ensure you are ready to execute on your exam strategy (e.g. time management, how you will handle difficult questions, how you will use any whiteboard, or sheet of paper they provide you, etc) Read tips for what to expect on exam day.

Best of luck with your preparations.

--
Yazmine Darcy, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
Director of Operations, OSP International LLC
The Project Management PrepCast™ - www.project-management-prepcast.com
4 years 2 months ago #19729

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Badly need help identifying where and what i am missing.
I am preparing for PMP in agile way. Glanced through PMBoK and took my 1st prepcast mock exam and scored 63.5%. When i completed the exam I had 20 mins left. Though I failed I was feeling confident that I will improve my second test and will score more than 70%. Analysed my test results and found am lagging in Project integration mgmt (scoring below target in closing and execution). Re-read PMBOK with more carefullness, listened to prepcast videos (more on Integration mgmt.) Took my second test yesterday. I felt about 150 questions had 3 sentences and took more time to decide on answers. I completed the test with only 30 seconds remaining (had to rush my last 60 questions in an hour) and failed again 64.5%. Though I see improvement in Project integration mgmt, I failed in Planning, executing and M&C. This reduced my confidence level. Want to know what am I missing. Attaching my scores of 1st and 2nd test.
I am appearing for test on 20th Feb 2020. With only 20 days to go am worried.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login