fbpx

Reply: Problem statemens in the exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Problem statemens in the exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19776

Bravura Student

Thank you for your feedback. I received my PMP exam analysis yesterday and it appears I need to spend more time on Initiating. Having said that, I took another 4 hour prep exam and scored 81%. I think I need to just slow down and make sure I understand the question/knowledge area before answering. Fingers crossed I will pass on my next attempt.
4 years 2 months ago #19736

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Bravura,

To add what Harry had to say, I’m sorry to read about your exam results. It's like a punch in the gut. (sigh) I remember struggling with several exam questions on managing vendor or team member conflicts, too, either they were not performing or they were not getting along.

I really like this sentiment from Cornelius to a student in a similar situation that sums it up better than I can:

I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. But if you have the right mindset then you can do this!

Have you already read the article I wrote for people in your situation? It is here: How to Recover from a Failed PMP Exam - The Complete Guide

In particular, please take a look at Tip #3 in the list and listen to the interview that I did with Kevin Reilly. It will help.

Also, click here for a link to a free simulator extension from PrepCast:
90-Day Simulator Extension Access for Customers who Failed

Bravura, know this: We are rooting for you!!
4 years 2 months ago #19735

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Hi Harry, I was responding to original post. Anyway thanks for your insights.
4 years 2 months ago #19733

Harry Elston

Anamtha:

You will get "immediate feedback" in general terms from the testing center. For example, Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing. These will be scored Above Target, Target, Below Target and Needs Improvement. Note carefully what those mean: Effectively, Above Target and Target mean Pass, Below Target and Needs Improvement mean Fail. A few days later you will be able to log on to your account at PMI (pmi.org --> Mi PMI-->Dashboard-->Exam Analysis) to look specifically at the exam areas. The analysis WILL NOT tell you which questions you missed, only what sections of the PMI Handbook you tested strongly and weakly in.

The simulator scores will tell you how you did in each area (Initiating, Planning, Executing...). However with the simulator you can go back and look at the questions and answers.

Good luck.

Harry
4 years 2 months ago #19730

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan

Anantha Narayanan Santhanagopalan's Avatar

Am preparing for my PMP exam. I am not sure how my advice would help. But don't feel disappointed. You are just a hit away from passing the PMP.
You would have got a print stating where you were below target (ex: initiation/planning etc..) you can concentrate on that more.
Can you tell your simulator scores when you took them?
4 years 2 months ago #19728

Bravura Student

I took my exam yesterday and didn't pass. I'm feeling a little deflated as I thought I was well prepared. The exam didn't include questions I had practiced in the PM Simulator. There were many questions about stakeholder disagreements during initiation and monitor and control. Please advise how to prepare better for next attempt.

Also, will I get a report on my performance? I have NO idea which questions I got right/wrong.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login