fbpx

Reply: Stakeholder Engagement Plan Vs Communications Mn. Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Stakeholder Engagement Plan Vs Communications Mn. Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19573

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Jarrod,

Here’s a good explanation about the differences between the 2 plans from PMP Jonathan Emmons, albeit from 4 years ago:
Clarification reg-Stakeholder Management Plan

Communications management plan––
Documents the information flow to and from stakeholders as well as information governance and storage.
Some examples in this plan: language, level of detail, frequency, method (email, meeting, etc.), reason, confidentiality, and escalation process

From Jonathan: “… how the messages are generated, sent, controlled, etc. In other words, this is the mechanical part of the communication.”

Stakeholder engagement plan––
Outlines strategies about the level of involvement and expectations that stakeholders have to maintain their support and minimize resistance of the project.
Some examples in this plan: requirements/expectations gathering, influence analysis, engagement activities

From Jonathan: “… who needs to be engaged and how we need to go about increasing and/or maintaining their support. This has less to do with the mechanics and protocols and more to do with strategy and tactics.”

I remember having difficulties distinguishing these too, Jarrod.

I wish you best in your PMP exam. Go get 'em!!
4 years 2 months ago #19556

Jarrod Crowe

Hi, I'm prepping for the PMP exam and I had some confusion regarding the differences between the Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Management Plans. Could someone please explain the distinctions between these two and how they don't overlap?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login