fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam in 1st Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam in 1st Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19440

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations, Dinesh and thank you for sharing your experience.
4 years 3 months ago #19419

Dinesh Kumar

Hi All,

I would like to share with you all that I had cleared my PMP exam in 1st attempt in December'18 (Sorry for the delayed update!!). Thanks to PM-PrepCast online course specially the Exam Simulator. The simulator was really helpful in clearing my exam.

Quick steps, which I followed during my Study:
1. Study PMBOK atleast once before joining any course.
2. If required, join online/in-person course. It helps in understanding the topics which are a bit complex.
3. Make highlights/take notes during above steps# 1 & 2. It helps in revising the content in short-time.
4. At least 3 months time is required for proper study depending on your job. I am in IT.
5. Start taking simulator exams approx 3 weeks from the PMP exam date. Take the exam every alternate day.
6. Best time for simulator exam is morning 7-11. After lunch break, review the exam questions and go through the answers of the questions which were wrong or you're not sure. If time permits, you can go through
other questions as well to understand why a option is right or wrong. These are explained very well in the simulator. At this stage, I was giving 15 Hrs/day for exam and study.
7. Revise the notes a day before the PMP exam, which were taken during study.
8. Go for the PMP exam. Prefer morning hours. During exam, if you don't know answer of a question then just mark it and move on to next question.
9. In last 20-30 minutes of the exam, go through the questions which were marked for review.

Thanks
Dinesh Kumar

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login