fbpx

Reply: Tips to taking the exam and finishing on time

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Tips to taking the exam and finishing on time

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19243

NAISU LIU

Hey, my experience about why it takes longer time to finish, mostly is because we spend too much time on some doubtful answers.

When i started the mockup exams, i used to linger on one question with 2 answers seeming to be both correct; which in return really consumed unnecessary time. So i adjusted my strategy where if i was not sure about which one to choose, I chose one i felt a better answer and moved on to next question while marking the question for later to read again.

By that, i usually finished most exams 20 mins ahead and used the 20 mins to go back to those uncertain questions and to give it a second thought.

The truth is, when you are unsure which one to choose, it does not matter you spend 1 min or 5 mins to debate, but rather a matter of 50% chance of guessing it right.

You know what, i actually finished the actual PMP test 40 mins earlier and i did not even go back to double check since i believed my first judgement and, i got 5 AT.
4 years 3 months ago #19231

Joe Pang

Hello Mbuyiseni,

I can give you a couple of tips in regards to answering the exam questions more efficiently

Reading the question - All the questions can be broken into 4 parts: The background, the issue, the cue for a solution and your 4 answer choices. I trained myself to read the cue and the 4 choices first, and usually I can cross off 1 or 2 choices immediately. After that, reading the background and the issue will let me pinpoint the correct answer. To be able to do this you need to train yourself by doing hundreds and thousands of mock questions.

Connect the knowledge areas - You want to immediately connect the question to the knowledge areas immediately when you read the questions. You can exercise this by getting familiarized with the PMBOK (I read it 3 times), ITTO, and reviewing the answers on the exam simulator.

Hope this helps,
Joe
4 years 3 months ago #19228

Mbuyiseni Soko

Good day
I am preparing for PMP exam and have a challenge that I don't finish the prepcast simulation exam every time I take it. Am I missing something or is there a specific strategy for me to follow in taking the exam?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login