fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Which process implements procurement-related changes?

Which process implements procurement-related changes? 4 years 4 months ago #19212

• Eric Hu
  • Eric Hu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi buddies:
In PMBOK 4.3, PMBOK says 'Direct and Manage project work' is the process of implementing approved changes(p90, PMBOK 6th).
But in 12.3.1.5 it says "All procurement-related changes are formally documented in writing and approved before being implemented through the Control Procurements process"(P496, PMBOK 6th). Meanwhile 'Control Procurement' has 'approved Requests' as input.

Which process should be the right one to implement procurement-related changes?

Thanks,
Eric
Last edit: by Eric Hu.

Which process implements procurement-related changes? 4 years 4 months ago #19233

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Hello Eric,

The short answer to your question: procurement-related changes should go to the Control Procurement process.

To help you understand, it depends on the nature of the change. For example, if you are managing a house construction project and you have contracted out the gardening work: If the change is related to the house construction (ex. color of the bedroom), then the approved change will go to Direct and Manage Work. Alternatively, if the change falls in the gardening work (ex. the contract), then it is a procurement-related change and goes to the Control Procurement.

Hope this helps,
Joe
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos Mancuso
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login