fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: passing statistics on scores from PM PrepCast simulation

passing statistics on scores from PM PrepCast simulation 4 years 4 months ago #19196

• Gabriel Popa
  • Gabriel Popa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

Are there any new statistics on what scores from the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator would ensure passing the PMP? The last I know say that scoring over 70% from the first simulation should get you passed.
Did that go up lately? I am scheduled to take the PMP in 16 days and did 3 simulations so far; I plan to do all of them in the next two weeks.

Thank you

passing statistics on scores from PM PrepCast simulation 4 years 4 months ago #19206

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Gabriel:

The "passing score" for professional examinations is a closely guarded secret in the certifying organization. Additionally, with the advent of on-line testing (like Prometric, Sylvan, etc.) the actual passing score will vary somewhat with each exam as it will be linked to the individual questions that you get. Those questions (with the exception of the 25 base questions that everyone gets and nobody knows which they are) will have a statistic assigned to the question and the overall pass for the exam will be some convoluted combination of the statistics for the individual questions.

Instead, my advice is to focus on the exam simulator questions and try to get though all of them and understand the reason why the answer is the answer. As I was preparing for the exam, I did a ton of short, focused questions and then as I got closer to the actual exam date, did three full exams. (Remember, the exams and quizzes pull from the same pool of questions). Based on what I've read on the board 70% will probably not make it for the PMI exam, but 83-85% probably will. I stopped taking the full exams when I hit 85% (ish) percent on the three and then focused my efforts on knowledge areas where I thought I was weak.

Good luck.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

passing statistics on scores from PM PrepCast simulation 4 years 4 months ago #19208

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you Harry!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login