fbpx

Reply: two questions

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : two questions

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 months ago #24712

Kim G

's Avatar

The ceiling repair work is "part of the scope" so it's known. How is it an unknown? I got this question on a different site (same from PMI) and the same reason was given but I don't see it.
4 years 4 months ago #19105

Kamelia Dadgar

Hi yes, I found them on Certchamp.com
Thank you.
4 years 4 months ago #19104

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Karmelia,

Let's give full credit to the original creator of these questions. Would you please let us know where exactly you found these? Thanks!
4 years 4 months ago #19103

Kamelia Dadgar

Hi, I found this question on a different site and need your help. In advance, thank you for your help. I feel these questions were answered incorrectly.

is he answer correct. I feel the answer should be C not B
Question - 51
You are responsible for the complete makeover of a shopping mall which involves civil work and painting. After going through the details you have come up with the cost estimates which have been approved to arrive at the cost baseline. Work is now in progress and you and senior management are happy with the work throughput. Suddenly you realize the ceiling repair work was not factored in the estimates - though it was very much a part of the scope. You decide to make use of Contingency reserves - but your senior manager advises you to make use of the Management reserve - what is the correct option ?
A. Neither of the two are correct options
B. Making use of Management Reserve is the correct option
C. Making use of Contingency Reserve is the correct option
D. None of the above

B is the correct answer.
Management reserve is meant for unknown unknowns and which is part of the scope of the project.The question clearly states that the work is in scope.Contingency reserves are for known unknowns which is not the case here.The correct answer is Management Reserve.

Also this question, what is the correct answer, when a a schedule is padded, is this term valid in V6Question - 68
You have asked your team members to provide estimates of tasks.Based on the estimate provided you see a specific team member seems to have provided estimates on the higher side.You decide to discuss with the concerned team member.She replies that as she did not have an idea of how long it would take she had guessed the estimate and then to be on the safer side simply doubled it ! What is this known as ?
A. This is a Lead
B. This is a Lag
C. This is Free Float
D. This is a Pad

D is the correct answer.
The correct answer is D - Pad is adding time as a buffer to project estimate.As the team member was uncertain of what it would take and as stated to be on the safer side she simply doubled the estimate.Padding is a sign of poor Project Management.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login