fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Burned out on studying

Burned out on studying 4 years 4 months ago #19078

• Kelly Mckane
  • Kelly Mckane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Has anybody else felt this way? My exam is this Saturday, I've been studying every day at lunch, and after work for an hour or so. I take 2-3 mini quizzes of like 10 questions each day, scoring 80-90 consistently. Followed by one full exam every weekend. I am scoring around mid 70s on these. However the past few days I literally feel like nothing I am reading is making sense. I've come to the conclusion that I'm burned out. I think I'm going to just work on brain dumps and making sure I know all the key details on that instead of continuing to take practice exams.

I know the recommended practice exam scores is in the 80s but I honestly dont know if I can study anymore. On Olivers 75 question exam I scored 72%, and on the 200 PDF I scored 67%.

Thoughts, experience, anybody else come across this? Am I foolish for stopping exams the week of?
Last edit: by Kelly Mckane.

Burned out on studying 4 years 4 months ago #19085

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 98
Hello Kelly,

Let us know which topics you are stuck on, the community here may be able to help.

Other than that, your mock exam scores look good. Try to take Friday off and relax a bit, it will greatly help with your performance on Saturday.

Cheers
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Burned out on studying 4 years 4 months ago #19087

• Kelly Mckane
  • Kelly Mckane's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Joe, I am consistently scoring well in Executing, Initiating, and M&C. My short coming seems to be in Closing and Planning, which honestly doesnt surprise me. In 16 years of being a PM I am usually the one they bring in to "fix" projects from either a performance standpoint or relationship with the customer. I do not think I've ever truly "closed" a project. I also struggle with memorizing the formulas. I've done better the last few weeks, CPI,SPI, CV, SV, VAC, PTA are fine, its the EAC formuals and which to apply when. I'm shifting my focus to try and work on those, so at least I can be sure to get those. I took another 20 question last night and scored 70%.

Appreciate the words of encouragement Joe, fingers crossed and God willing.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login