fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Rita's process chart

Rita's process chart 4 years 4 months ago #19068

• Muhammad
  • Muhammad's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is it important to memorize Rita's process chart in perspective of examination.

Rita's process chart 4 years 4 months ago #19069

• Tracy Shagnea, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 46
Hi Muhammad,

While I used Rita's book, I did NOT use or memorize her process chart. I DID memorize the PMBOK's process chart. I found this helpful in answering questions about steps/next steps on the exam.

I think this falls into the category of "what works for you." If you see that Rita's chart helps you in answering questions, great! Just because someone suggests an approach or has success with a particular approach, you need to vet it's usefulness to you in light of your PM experience, your learning style, etc.....

Best of luck!
Tracy
Forum Moderator
PMP, CSM, M.S. Management

Rita's process chart 4 years 4 months ago #19071

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
I followed the same approach as Tracy. I used Rita's book to prepare for the exam, but I did NOT memorize her process chart or play her process chart game. I found her chart to be somewhat confusing. I memorized the process chart in the PMBOK and found that to be very helpful in me passing my exam. Like Tracy said, we all learn in different ways. Many people have found Rita's chart to be useful, so if it helps you, go for it. If not, don't worry about it. You can pass the exam with or without Rita's chart.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login