fbpx

Reply: Pearson Vue strike through/highlight

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Pearson Vue strike through/highlight

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #19010

Kelly Mckane

Thank you Elizabeth. I've got the SCPi/CPI/CV/SV formulas down, need to work on the EAC and a few others. Congrats on passing
4 years 5 months ago #19005

Elizabeth Jones

I took the exam 3 times and finally passed on my third try. My first exam I had 4 formula questions. My second exam I had 3 and my last exam there was only one. I wouldn't hurt yourself trying to remember all the formulas. Understanding CPI and SPI are essential, as well as, PC, AC, EV and PV. Other than that, know your communication channels and PERT estimate.
4 years 5 months ago #18990

Kelly Mckane

Thank you Lisa, for taking the time to answer my question and provide additional information. I agree not having the ability to strikethrough definitely takes more time, to make sure you sort everything fully. I completely agree, being able to find where in the process the question is taking place has helped me tremendously. Its very mentally exhausting that is for sure. I find that I sit back every 50 questions and roll out my neck, shift my focus for a few minutes and I am able to refocus. Fingers crossed, with being under 2 weeks, I’m not sure how much more I can cram into my brain. I am working now on the last few formulas I struggle to remember and going to go from there. Again thank you!

Kelly, 1 more thing . . . the night before the test, pencils down at 5pm and get a good night sleep. -Lisa
Attachments:
4 years 5 months ago #18988

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Kelly,

I took simulated tests at a library or a public place where people were walking around, rather than in the peace and quiet of my home. I knew I was going to be a little uncomfortable at a Pearson Vue Test Center, so I wanted to be a little uncomfortable in a public place to practice.

I stopped using the Strikethrough feature in the last couple of simulated tests I took. Strikethrough wasn’t a feature on my exam at Pearson. I got used to it in the practice tests and it took me longer to sort out the answers without it.

Here are a few more suggestions:

Look for PMBOK terms anywhere in the question such as: document, tool, technique, input, output. Sadly, I only had a couple that gave those clues. On the few that did, I used them to eliminate answers.

Identify the process. Sometimes this helped with an answer. If I could identify the process, I placed my finger on it on my brain dump as a reminder. Sometimes it was not clear which process I was in.

Differentiate the answers. When I got stuck, I moved my focus to the 4 answer choices. I described them in my head and tried to differentiate them. What’s the point of the Communications Management Plan vs. Resources Management Plan vs. Risk Register?

Nail down what is being asked. It’s hard in many cases. Everyday words are used in place of PMBOK terms, like implementing work vs. the Executing Process Group. In some questions, I wasn’t supposed to address a problem. Rather, they wanted to know the best way to illustrate it after-the-fact to my team vs. to a vendor vs. to a sponsor.

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT: PLAN for 25 or more question/answer sets that are lengthy and vague.
• These experimental questions are not scored, and you don’t know which ones they are.
• When you encounter these questions and don’t know what to select,
1– make your best guess, then move on
2– protect your time for the remainder of the questions that are scored.

My simulated exams were in your range when I went to take the test (70–83%). I was nervous at the beginning and exhausted by the end of it.

I wish you the best Kelly,
Lisa
4 years 5 months ago #18987

Kelly Mckane

Hi, so my exam is 11/223, and to say I am nervous is an understatement. I have noticed on my Pep Cast Simulator exams, I scored MUCH higher when nobody was home at my house, but also when I utilized the strike though ability. However I'm reading that may not be offered anymore. I tend to get lost in the details and having that ability has helped a lot. Does anybody have any feedback on if this is no longer an option now that Prometric isnt offering the exam? If so, any tricks to not get lost in the words would be very appreciated. I'm scoring between 70-78% now, and I know thats not the desired 80+ but to be honest, I am adding WAY too much stress to my life for this exam, and I just need to take it and get it out of the way.

Thanks in advance!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login